Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Galaxystorm said:
Fed's marriage
an 06' wedding, perhaps? well see if that pans out.

Fed is the man who is in charge of his career no matter if uses IMG or his parents/Mirka. He's the boss and whatever he says goes...He WILL NOT let IMG trample over him...that's for sure!!

· Registered
520 Posts
No one here has the particulars of the deal he struck with IMG. They are supplementing his main team and how they are going to do this going forward remains to be seen.

Roger was with IMG up until the end of 2003 when he fired them and Lundgren. At that time, his reason for getting rid of IMG was that he didn't want his career to be about marketing. He wanted it to be about tennis. Might be the same reason Sampras fired them.

Roger is a huge worldwide star. He's not a megastar, a la Lance Armstrong and he's much younger.

The good news is, with IMG behind Roger there will be more emphasis to broadcast Roger's matches on ESPN who appear to do everything they can not to show his matches unless he's in the final.

Perhaps Roger can help out the Indian Wells event and get IMG to reconsider selling the tournament. I can't imagine Roger will be in a position to play back to back TMS events if he has to play in China and then rush off to Miami.

· Registered
15,177 Posts
alfonsojose said:
:lol: So that was the problem. Management stress was making her to eat like crazy :toothy: :smash: :tape:
Jaja el estres la convirtio en una comelona compulsiva. Que malo! :tape:

You've always got something hiding beneath your sleeves. :yeah: :lol:

· F***ing have it
18,287 Posts
Federerhingis said:
Jaja el estres la convirtio en una comelona compulsiva. Que malo! :tape:

You've always got something hiding beneath your sleeves. :yeah: :lol:
:devil:

· F***ing have it
18,287 Posts
Doris Loeffel said:
The "Feel the touch" line is on the market since 2003 (and yes it suits also women even though it's a mens line ;) )
Feel the touch :tape: :lol: Roddick could promote condoms then .. feel da bomb :devil:

· Registered
2,977 Posts
Well Roger used the word "partnership" in the press release and the headline was "Roger Federer adds IMG to his team", so my guess is ultimately he'll still be calling the shots but his exiting team will get a break. It's probably better this way because after going solo for a few years Roger is wiser and won't allow himself to be screwed over in any way. His current team alone was never going to be able to get to the next level and turn him into a global brand, but with IMG on board the probably can.posted by mirkaland
well, yes, i don't get the feeling,that Roger is that kind of a kid , who lets others handle things for him,he looks carefully for those whom he can trust ,and that's why i think , he's not that surrounded by large number of ppl.
so perhaps a step like this , means IMG 'll have a big part of the job to handle,but still he and his team i think 'll keep a watching eye on things ...and who knows, may be this step means new happy plans for the head of the team :) ??

· 1,000 Baby!
19,924 Posts
onewoman74 said:
an 06' wedding, perhaps? well see if that pans out.

Fed is the man who is in charge of his career no matter if uses IMG or his parents/Mirka. He's the boss and whatever he says goes...He WILL NOT let IMG trample over him...that's for sure!!
It will be harder for them to do so at this point in his career, and especially since he went solo for a couple of years. Roger's not stupid, he knows what he's doing. I think he has a better chance of calling the shots now then say two, three years ago. I'm sure IMG was just drooling at the propsect of adding him to their roster so they'll do whatever he wants.

· Registered
15,177 Posts
alfonsojose said:
Feel the touch :tape: :lol: Roddick could promote condoms then .. feel da bomb :devil:

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls: I am sure that liner would fit very well with the current ads for "Trojan" feel da bomb, feel the power of eruption! :tape: :tape:

· Registered
6,754 Posts
bye Mirka. it's been real ;) :p :wavey:

OFF COURT - ROGER ADDS IMG TO HIS TEAM

Roger has expanded his business team by adding IMG, the world’s largest sports marketing and management agency, to capitalize on his global business opportunities.

With his sixth major title, back-to-back U.S. Opens, three straight Wimbledon victories, and one Australian Open, the 24-year-old, is already proclaimed by many as the greatest male tennis player in history – including by Andre Agassi, whom he defeated in Sunday’s final. His success, combined with the global reach of tennis, has expanded his worldwide marketing needs. Now IMG joins Roger’s management team. “It is definitely an ideal situation,” Roger emphasizes: “I continue to work with my team and can use the advantages of both the existing lean structure and a worldwide network at the same time.”

“I met with IMG’s new owner and chairman, Ted Forstmann, and learned about his vision for IMG going forward and the team he proposed for me at IMG. I liked what he had to say in terms of business ideas and also have found a common ground with Ted in terms of our charitable efforts in addressing children’s issues, especially in Africa,” Roger says. “We hope this partnership can take us to the next level.”

"Roger is an international superstar on and off the court and has emerged as a global icon,” Forstmann says. “He is an extraordinarily bright, polite, thoughtful young man and, as a result, I am delighted to have the opportunity to work with him both on his business and philanthropic efforts throughout the world.”
www.rogerfederer.com

· Registered
10,442 Posts
Angle Queen said:
Damn. I was hoping Roger could/would continue to hold out.

EDIT to add: This is the statement that irks me the most:

:fiery:
Exactly what I think.

· Registered
10,442 Posts
nermo said:
...and who knows, may be this step means new happy plans for the head of the team :) ??
Very plausible.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.