Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· 1,000 Baby!
19,924 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
Robert doesn' t go to many events and Lynette only goes to a few more, maybe the real boss needed a break.
I'm a bit surprised beceause a while back he said the structure was a long-term solution, unlike having no coach. Although in his statement he doesn't say anything about IMG replacing the current RF management team, just supplementing them. I think he did something similar with his communications - hired some firm in Germany to handle media and then his GF became his full-time personal assistant. My guess is the current team was a bit too lean (and not as experienced either) and the job was too stressfull.

Hopefully IMG won't have him doing silly TV commercials though.

· 1,000 Baby!
19,924 Posts
Domino said:
I wanted to say that, but thought I might get bashing from Mirka fans.
You shouldn't get any...you won't from me at least. I'm sure the job she had was very stressful and this is probably a good thing for their relationship. I'm sure she'll continue to be his PA in some way or another.

· 1,000 Baby!
19,924 Posts
mangoes said:
As I said, I think it was a wise decision. These people have more experience. However, Roger seems like a smart chap so I do hope that he will still have his parents keep a close eye the decisions being made by IMG.
Well Roger used the word "partnership" in the press release and the headline was "Roger Federer adds IMG to his team", so my guess is ultimately he'll still be calling the shots but his exiting team will get a break. It's probably better this way because after going solo for a few years Roger is wiser and won't allow himself to be screwed over in any way. His current team alone was never going to be able to get to the next level and turn him into a global brand, but with IMG on board the probably can.

· 1,000 Baby!
19,924 Posts
onewoman74 said:
an 06' wedding, perhaps? well see if that pans out.

Fed is the man who is in charge of his career no matter if uses IMG or his parents/Mirka. He's the boss and whatever he says goes...He WILL NOT let IMG trample over him...that's for sure!!
It will be harder for them to do so at this point in his career, and especially since he went solo for a couple of years. Roger's not stupid, he knows what he's doing. I think he has a better chance of calling the shots now then say two, three years ago. I'm sure IMG was just drooling at the propsect of adding him to their roster so they'll do whatever he wants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.