Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Comparisons are Odious
11,244 Posts
It was a matter of time..................I'm not surprised.............I think it can be a wise decision.

· Comparisons are Odious
11,244 Posts
mirkaland said:
I'm a bit surprised beceause a while back he said the structure was a long-term solution, unlike having no coach. Although in his statement he doesn't say anything about IMG replacing the current RF management team, just supplementing them. I think he did something similar with his communications - hired some firm in Germany to handle media and then his GF became his full-time personal assistant. My guess is the current team was a bit too lean (and not as experienced either) and the job was too stressfull.

Hopefully IMG won't have him doing silly TV commercials though.

As I said, I think it was a wise decision. These people have more experience. However, Roger seems like a smart chap so I do hope that he will still have his parents keep a close eye the decisions being made by IMG.

· Comparisons are Odious
11,244 Posts
mirkaland said:
You shouldn't get any...you won't from me at least. I'm sure the job she had was very stressful and this is probably a good thing for their relationship. I'm sure she'll continue to be his PA in some way or another.

What does being a personal assistant have to do with IMG? They aren't taking away her job. And I doubt she is or ever was qualified to go to a business meeting and broker a financial deal on behalf of Roger. Of course, I don't know that much about her or them so I could be wrong. But I was under the impression that his parents handled that aspect of his life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.