Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also known as Dominican Republic, to those of you who may not have heard about this great country.

It's a big relief to be able to relax, without having to worry about stupid american kids, who do not know how to drink, waking you up at 5 am on a monday morning.

That reality is past me, at least for another good 18 days.

It's always good to go back home and see your family and friends.

I'm quite annoyed at the fact the christmas is not at all a "true" holiday, as I'm sure it once was. Go out to the streets, and all you see are signs and commercials selling you stuff you already, or do not need, with the excuse that "it's christmas".

The whole advertising scheme defeats the whole idea of christmas, which is a celebration of religious traditions. Believe me, I am not a religious guy at all, but tricking people, or trying to sell them stuff they don't need under the "It's christmas" excuse is quite pathetic.

In my opinion, christmas is all about spending time with those you care about, regardless of presents or gifts.

Anyway, that was my thought on the whole christmas issues.

I'm going to sleep soon, an tommorow I am hanging out with some of my buddies.

MTF is quite dull during the off season, so meanwhile I'l enjoy my vacations here, and then It's AO (Australian Open) time.

Good Stuff ahead.

Talking about good stuff, I'll be having fun with various birthday's coming up in the following days. My Dad's birthday is the 25th, my mom's the 26th and mine the 28th of this month! Hah, talk about coincidences!

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday, and a merry christmas.

Till my next journal,

Manuel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts