Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Ferrer in 5

Votes: 20 13.5%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H2H Federer 7:0 Ferrer. Pics took only 1 set this year in Hamburg in all their previous encounters. He is playing his best tennis now. On the other side Federer 1st serve in: 83% with Roddick and 81% with Nadal. Who will be crowned as TMC king ? The rookie on fire or old king with best service on tour right now ?

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Federer in four with one TB which he wins, one crushing set and the other two sets 6-3 or 6-4 traded between the two.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Roger in 3 or 4 hard fought sets, depending how Roger's serve hold up, 3 sets IF its like the last two days, four sets if it's just reasonable 65-70 percent, 5 sets to Roger if its way down at 55-60 percent. David wins iin 5 if Roger plays very poorly. Am I being too bold..Cmon Ferrer posters, I've been rooting all week, but Roger's always first with me :)

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
wow that poll is confusing their names are too similar.

I vote Ferrer in 4.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Ferrer is playing brilliantly...

I highly doubt this is going to be over in SS - I think Fed in 4.

It's nice to have the 2 best players of the week in the final too :)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
with that serve...fed in 4...i give ferrer a set cause in at least one he will swing away freely..at least he should

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
ferrer will pop the cherry in 5 long sets :devil:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hopefully Fed in 4. I really hope he comes as motivated as he does against the likes of Roddick and even against nadal today. He really needs to play his A game particularly at the start bcos ferrer is really playing well.

Sometimes Fed plays way to careless for my liking. If he can keep his concentration and take the 1st set, I thick he can break down ferrer. Ferrer also throws up some double faults under pressure.
That shoould help Fed.

Go Fed !!!! You have won only 2 Masters this year, so you need this for the bragging rights.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Federer has no mental issues with Ferrer. Expect a beatdown like last year vs Blake.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It will all depend on Roger's serve. If it stays like today, Fed in three or four sets. If not... tomorrow might well be Ferrer's Glory Day.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I think Roger will win in 4 tight sets. Much as I am a David Ferrer fan, I think it will be too hard for him. He has a 0-7 head-to-head with Roger, and if you combine that with the fact that this is his first really major final (never reached a final of a Masters Series or a Grand Slam before), I think he may just be too nervous. However - the law of averages means that head-to-head has to change sometime, - so why not tomorrow? David has a great fighting spirit if he can keep his nerves in check. I will be delighted if he wins, but not too disappointed if he loses either, - partly because I like Roger a lot, but also because David's biggest achievement is getting to this position in the first place in my opinion. Win or lose tomorrow, he has proved so much to so many, including possibly himself He should be very proud of himself and just go out and enjoy the moment and the experience tomorrow - whatever happens, he has nothing to be ashamed of :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Federer in 3 his serve is too good these days.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
However - the law of averages means that head-to-head has to change sometime, - so why not tomorrow?
I liked your post but this is just not true. Law of averages is not applicable in this situation.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts