Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should we change the current ranking system?

• Yes - change to the alternative system, or something similar

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No - leave the current system in place

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please vote for the ranking system you prefer - between the ranking points in the "current" or "alternative" columns.

The option with the most votes will be the ranking system that is used, for all slams and masters. (The current system seems to be viable for 250s & 500s.)

As a reminder, I have suggested this alternative system because it seems that a lot of people feel that the amounts of ranking points players are currently getting in the major tournaments are too large. This system is an attempt to rectify this.

I am open to any suggestions regarding how the alternative system could be improved.

·
Administrator
10,441 Posts
I just wanna say that when voting, people should choose what is best for the game, not themselves. If a bad ranking system gets voted because people are selfish and choosing what's best for them, we'll lose players.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
There are a few things i don´t like either. But because i´m new here i didn´t say anything.
Point distribuition system isn´t all that bad.

I don´t like how points are given in each round. Does Round 1 have more importance then the Semis or Finals?

Or we could make 2 FITD. One for those who want to stay with these rules and system and another for those who wan´t less points.

We can´t have a discusion BMT360 halfway thru the clay season.
I bet there was one discusion during the off season then we arrived here, but now some don´t like? Where were they?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Yea. Lets not change anything.

We should discuss, then change on off-season if necessary.

Im with you on this one.

A poll was made with 3 opitons. One of them barely won. Still some didnt like it. So lets make another poll so we make those few happy?

Reverting to old system it will make it harder for people that dont win a slam.

Winning a slam almost makes it a sure thing a trip to WTF. Only a hand few have a chance to get back. Thos who dont are basicly out.

With the current system you can win a slam and not make it to WTF. That makes constant winners or constant good scorers closer to WTF. And not fluke a slam here a slam there.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Posting here a Slam with new and current points isn´t important.

If you put here rankings with current and new version then people would get a sense of the change.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a lot of work to change the rankings. It will probably take a few weeks to do it. That's why I need to know what the players prefer before posting any more updates

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I know it must be alot of work doing this. But when you opened up another poll you also opened a can of worms.
We played 2 masters without a Ranking or Race and we are headed into the 2nd Slam of the season without Rankings and Race. To add to that we still dont know what type of points we have.

The 1st poll should take precedent because it was a 3 way option. And we only had 1 slam and a couple of masters to get the feel for it. It is never a good thing to change rules or points in the midle of the competion. If there are some who dont like it, they can bring it up in the end of the season with some new ideas.

Someone needs to stop this nonsense and lets continue to play this game with the curent rules and points.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Still nothing here?

Arent polls suposse to have a time limit? We are in the midle of the season and no ranking or point system.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I asked Synesthetic when we should expect rankings and haven't gotten a response yet. :confused:
This whole mess can be easily dealt with.

Synnesthetic said ranking would of be made once points system was in place. After a 3 way poll was made where 1 option won. So another poll was made with no end date and thats were we are.

I know is alot of hard work to make those rankings, but even harder if people dont make their minds how many points they want. And to make things even worst they are doing in the mdile of the game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts