Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Only thing more hilarious than MalvinLouisandy's posts, or a non-dutch player choking multiple MPs in a TB against a duch player...

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
De Bakker did a whole lot of nothing for the whole match really, then Ducky double faulted on MP and DB ended up winning the set. Ducky too dejected to compete in the third, which was pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
264 Posts
pathethic final for a bad tournament only interessant thing was Podlipnik-castillo ...

De bakker was really playing awful before third set , and really played like he doesn't want to win this match , was really pathetic

What a choke by duckworth double fault on match point on his serve on tie break ... and multiple playable match point miss

He is a big mug , he is just so lucky on draw :
Played gonzalo lama and lama was so bad on first round
Played a semi - retired capdeville on round 2 ( and make 3 set )
played a totally random player frederico coria ranked 354 on quarter final
Played Podlipnik-Castillo who retired at 4 4 in semi final ...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
As a huge fan of Thiemo, I have to say that this result is very bad for Duckworth. I thought he would win here. He was the favorite, but I guess a final is still a decent result for him after coming back from injury (if I'm not wrong).

On the other hand, I'm of course very happy with this title for Thiemo. For the weak mental player that he is, his finals record in challengers is now 8 wins to 3 losses which is very good :D
He has almost no point to defend until Bastad. I hope he can climb up in the ranking during the clay season which is usually the best part of the season for him with the summer. I'm not happy with the level of play of Thiemo who is able of so much more, but I'm glad he prevailed in those conditions. I think this will give him huge confidence, and I hope he'll be more involved from now on, but well...... the last years showed that he can win a tournament then disappear again...

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
This was a ridiculous choke- double fault on one MP and hitting to the one tiny section of the court de Bakker could play on another.
De Bakker played horrendously, funny that he won

·
Registered
437 Posts
Oh Duckie :'( hope he doesn't get too disheartened by this though. He's had a good week!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
He had 3. Don't know where you got 5 from. Bitterly disappointing from him but it was just his second ATP Challenger final. His time will come.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a fan of his. Watched. Well after he lost his serve in 3d set and the score was 0-2, he realized that he did not shine. In fact after James 2:0 simply "moved" on the court and the bullet ball. This is understandable! Bakker was very strong and confident player on his serve in 2 set and James just decided to save his strength. What's wrong? Nothing that is not here ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts