Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title: Roger Federer et moi
director: Robin Harsch
Duration: 25 min.
Language: French (English subtitle)
World premiere: June 2006.
Distributer: http://www.lagofilms.ch/

Best Swiss Film at Winterthur Short Film Festival, Nov. 2006

Has anyone seen this film yet? Or does anyone know more about this film? Is it possible somehow to see this?

From what I understood from the synopsis, the story is about Robin Harsch's idol Roger Federer and his best friend Charles, who is in love with a woman. At the French Open 2005, Roger has reached semi final. There is some problem. Charles's got a competition, man from Barcelona, and Roger meets rival Rafael Nadal in the semi final.

More info
http://www.cinemabuch.ch/selection-cinema/federer-et-moi-robin-harsch.html (German)
http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools (Google translation)

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check this out ! Thanks Stevens ;)
There should be more info on this in French somewhere, as the distributer is based in Geneva, so thanks a lot for checking this out! :)

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
maybe this film might be entered in a film festival -- in the short films category? we have that category at the TIFF [Toronto International Film Festival] in Sep.

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe this film might be entered in a film festival -- in the short films category? we have that category at the TIFF [Toronto International Film Festival] in Sep.
I think this film should be in the short film category, if it enters a film festival.

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a short description of the film in French, German, and English (PDF)
http://www.solothurnerfilmtage.ch/sft_42/kat_42/pages/0110.pdf

Tall, tennis champion and in the media spotlight; Roger, who wants to win Roland Garros. Medium height, historian and in love: Charles, who wants to conquer his dream girl. Short, filmmaker and admirer of the two: Robin, who wants to do a film. Blending friendship, dreams and admiration, a delightful comedy on love and tennis.

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
I am not sure, but this film has entered the Berlin Film Festival which is going on right now... (8th-18th February 2007)
very interesting! we s follow this -- you never know if it might win an award! ;)

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
There should be more info on this in French somewhere, as the distributer is based in Geneva, so thanks a lot for checking this out! :)
A friend of mine who knows Jean-Stéphane Bron (Swiss film producer) will ask him how to get the movie... If I manage to get one I don't know how to share it on the internet though :sad: ...

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not sure, but this film has entered the Berlin Film Festival which is going on right now... (8th-18th February 2007)
The name of this film was not on the list of the award winners of this Berlin Film Festival. Now, I doubt it has never entered the festival.. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
A friend of mine who knows Jean-Stéphane Bron (Swiss film producer) will ask him how to get the movie... If I manage to get one I don't know how to share it on the internet though :sad: ...
Ca ferra tres genereaux de vous. Merci en avance. :wavey:

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You'll be welcome ;)

That said I'm still waiting for an answer... :sad:
If you can give us a link to the film, you and your friend will be much appreciated by many, even by people who don't post here to say so. :)

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
If you can give us a link to the film, you and your friend will be much appreciated by many, even by people who don't post here to say so. :)
I trust my friend, he'll find it out :lol:, even though it seems hard to find those short films, but I'm confident anyway

·
Registered
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually I should have gone to the Winterthur festival last November.. :rolleyes: I knew about the event, but I wasn't too interested in going and not even in looking at what films were going to be shown... Winterthur is just 30 min. ride by train from here and I often go there for work..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts