Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think he will be top 50 regular, atleast. If he stays healthy. Which is good.
He is knocking on top 100. Had alot problems with injuries. He was top 200 four years ago, he strrugled with injuries than and dropped to 1400's on the enf 2012. He is injury free for last year and a half and he raised to his best 111th spot. I just hope he will stay healthy and that he will make sinificante career.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Re: Filip Krajinovic - what he will make

Probably money, but that's only a guess.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
a Cilic-like career at least

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
yeah he will make top 50 for sure. should be a top 20-30 imo

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I really hope he proves me wrong but i don't see him winning more than 250(s)

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
Honestly, I don't think he'll do much better than maybe crack the Top 30 and win a random tournament. He's got a nice game, but of the kind that is a dime a dozen. Injury problems obviously won't help.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
filip is a nice player, top 40 beckons if he stays injury free, grinding in the claycourt season will be his domain.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Can see him hitting top 50 and maybe picking up the odd 250 but he isn't nothing special

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I really hope he proves me wrong but i don't see him winning more than 250(s)
There is plenty players who made top 10 with just 250 titles.

He is 22... Not sure what he will archive. Not much. When he was first discovered people thought he would be top10 by 22.
Yeah, but he was out for 2 and half years and he is bacj in top 200 after 4 years. He raised from beginig to top 100 for just 18 months. Don't forget Tsonga had completely same story.

filip is a nice player, top 40 beckons if he stays injury free, grinding in the claycourt season will be his domain.
He is good on every surface.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Yeah, but he was out for 2 and half years and he is bacj in top 200 after 4 years. He raised from beginig to top 100 for just 18 months. Don't forget Tsonga had completely same story.
He's far from Tsonga. I watched him against Troicki in Cortina, and though he won he didn't really play anything special, Troicki was in control most of the match and probably would've won it if he didn't play back to back matches. Hope he proves me wrong.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
He's far from Tsonga. I watched him against Troicki in Cortina, and though he won he didn't really play anything special, Troicki was in control most of the match and probably would've won it if he didn't play back to back matches. Hope he proves me wrong.
I didn't say he will be like Tsonga but it's possible to fulfill your potentoal after problems with injuries. He is just 22, he should be top 50 regular.
There is just 5 players ahead of him who are hisgeneration or younger. And he can beahead of him.
When I see his raise I know he is capable for alot of things.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Next to impossible to predict when player's career is riddled with injury problems. The same (or new) injuries can persist on and off. Besides, even fully developed players often have problems regaining their full form after an extended break, let alone young ones who've never really matured to begin with. Wish him health so that he can test his mettle on tour. Seemed a quite promising player.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
I didn't say he will be like Tsonga but it's possible to fulfill your potentoal after problems with injuries. He is just 22, he should be top 50 regular.
There is just 5 players ahead of him who are hisgeneration or younger. And he can beahead of him.
Actually there are 6 who are younger, but if you count his generation - for example Dimitrov is only 9 month older - then there are some more on top of that. Anyway, we'll see, he's doing ok in Challengers, but has played only 3 MD matches this year outside of that.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
He is good on every surface.
So good, he failed to qualify for either Roland Garros or Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

If he stays injury free, he could have a Lajovic type career. Late bloomer, wins a few rounds at GS but lacks a big enough game to trouble the top players.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts