Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has not been a vocal, fiery, in your face, roaring lion in tennis since the young Lleyton Hewitt. Well, guess what? We have another now. And his name is Maxime Cressy. He's into the semis of Cleveland and his on court demeanor even provoked a seasoned cool vet like Tim Smyczek to snap in a rage and scream "SHUT UPPP!!!"

https://www.tennis-prose.com/articles/scoop/maxime-cressy-is-breaking-out/

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More colorful controversial and confrontational players/characters are just what the sport needs. Too many plain nice guys. Need a firebrand, shi7 stirrer who doesn't give a damn about stepping on any toes or pissing off the establishment. GO CRESSY!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
That Cressy fellow has a really annoying fake grunt. :lol: Kind of like Joao Sousa. It seems that a lot of these US college players bring their court demeanour to the main tour as well: see also Clay Thompson and Danielle Collins.

However, I was even less impressed by that comment from Smyczek: "Go back to frickin..." :eek: Probably good that he stopped himself.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the grunting is for timing and to express excess passion and personality. Grunting is a form of bullying and verbally beating down a silent timid opponent. It's an extra weapon, extra leverage, extra force behind the ball. If that makes any sense?! You watch, a lot of silent players can be overwhelmed by the big grunter. Cressy knows this and uses this power source. Smee and Gasquet types do not. It would help them.

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
Luckily the guy is quite useless.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cressy wins again, into the final of his first challenger singles. A star was born.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
They're just mad that he owns them with powder puff half court slices through the middle followed by a net rush

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
kBsekr89-B0

Reminds me of Thompson by the way, if Cressy disappears as quickly as him you will be happy

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Yeah, noticed his behaviour when he won the doubles competition in Columbus, earlier this month. He should really shut the fuck up, really annoying. I like his tennis though.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts