Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
222 Posts
There is literally no excuse for skipping AO.All your meals,flights and five star luxury hotel accomodation is paid for.There is literaly nothing to lose.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ah, so Paire and Mannarino will be there, I hope Paire can control himself and not break protocol. Gotta love him though.....never a dull moment!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
All happening in France at the end ah ah

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
There is literally no excuse for skipping AO.All your meals,flights and five star luxury hotel accomodation is paid for.There is literaly nothing to lose.
Covid could put the lives of older players like Stephane Robert or Vincent Millot at risk.
Play in a bubble in France is the safest option for them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don’t think computer ranking points are worth risking your career and possibly life by flying to Australia and play in that bubble. If a player is that good he can let his ranking drop, play Challengers in a safe environment, and stay in Europe. That is just my opinion.....

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
This.
As of now, going to Australia you are pretty much guaranteed to catch Covid, whereas Europe is stil a relatively Covid-free area.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
This.
As of now, going to Australia you are pretty much guaranteed to catch Covid, whereas Europe is stil a relatively Covid-free area.
Not France and Germany now... their numbers are on the extreme rise recently. Though strict measures are applied now, so not exactly a big "danger" either if the sportsmen keep those rules.

As for these challengers, who apart from some French and Italian 2nd tier mugs will consider this as a comparable option? Those who have no chance to win a R1 match at AO anyway, but every player in Top 100 should be that good (except if facing Nadal or Djokovic or Medvedev or Thiem or Federer), so no real challenge here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts