Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They'll be squaring off in the third round of Beijing on hard court, what's you prediction?

I'm thinking Nalbandian 4-6 6-3 6-2.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
As much as i love ferrero and don't want to admit this, he's lost his touch sadly. David i think!

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
H2H is 2-0 to Nalba and those meetings were when JC was still one of the top players. Also, you'd have to fancy David's chances on faster surfaces, especially after he beat Hewitt on grass. Beijing is quite fast hard courts, I think.
Probably Nalbandian will win.

musefanatic said:
As much as i love ferrero and don't want to admit this, he's lost his touch sadly. David i think!
Yes but this could be a turning point.
COME ON JC :bigclap:

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
I hope your right Jimnik! Come on JC!!!!!!! :bigclap:

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
:unsure:

I like both :sad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Im thinking Nalbandian in straight sets...JC isnt the player he used to be

·
Registered
482 Posts
David wil win, I think !!
I don't know what would happen in the next roud, his head is in Slovakia.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Despite the difference in rankings I reckon this is a 50/50 match, but I would like Ferrero to win. His win over the fiery Tursonov was an impressive result and after a huge disappointment against Clement at the US Open he would appear to have got his game in working gear again.

These two lads have simular styles and are good on return, although Ferrero is the better server, has a better forehand and in my opinion has a more spectacular game. Nalbandian has a slightly better backhand and is a genuine all surface player. I wish I could see this match up, what ever the result expect lots of service breaks, slamming two-handed backhands, and lots of lateral movement!

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Vamos Juanqui, you can do it!!!

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
It could be.....
Ferrero d Nalbandian in 3
I think Nalbandian is focused in DC and Ferrero has nothing to lose

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Nalbandian goes in as the favorite based on the H2H but I'm not so sure that will be a meaningful advantage at all. One never knows what to expect from either David or Juan Carlos. I think Nalby in 2 or Ferrero in 3. ;)

I'm wondering which one would have a better chance against Nadal in the semis on this surface. Have Nalbandian and Nadal ever faced?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Leo said:
Nalbandian goes in as the favorite based on the H2H but I'm not so sure that will be a meaningful advantage at all. One never knows what to expect from either David or Juan Carlos. I think Nalby in 2 or Ferrero in 3. ;)

I'm wondering which one would have a better chance against Nadal in the semis on this surface. Have Nalbandian and Nadal ever faced?
Nadal has never played Nalbandian. That would be a facinating first encounter. I'm also eagerly awaiting the first Nadal/Safin match :)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
JC :bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
david

1 - 20 of 35 Posts