Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who will win this one? Nadal doesn't seem to be playing very well right now but I doubt he wants to lose to JCF. This could be a big win for JCF if he can get it.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Vamos Juanqui!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
good luck jc!! :D

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
vamos jcf!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I hope these are really fast courts, for JC's sake. Rafa was clearly more vulnerable at Wimbledon and the US Open where he couldn't chase everything down.

Rafa might not be 100% because he had to play 2 matches yesterday. This is probably JC's best chance to beat him, before he improves even further.

I reckon JC will win in 3 sets.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nadal is clearly vulnerable on fast courts, which we saw yesterday against mediocre opponents like Gimelstob and Wessels. He has been relying too much on his speed to chase down balls and has forgotten that it is easier to put pressure on the opponents with his own shots. I would say both his forehand and backhand are ugly, and he needs to improve a lot. It will only be a matter of time before his opponents won't let him intimidate them with his andrenaline and instead step up and hit winners off his mid court ground strokes. If I were Nadal's coach I would make him hit flatter, cause we don't have to worry that he won't hit with topspin. His Sharapova like forehand where his raquet finishes above his head is at best ugly, and I would say bad technically speaking.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nadal is clearly vulnerable on fast courts, which we saw yesterday against mediocre opponents like Gimelstob and Wessels. He has been relying too much on his speed to chase down balls and has forgotten that it is easier to put pressure on the opponents with his own shots. I would say both his forehand and backhand are ugly, and he needs to improve a lot. It will only be a matter of time before his opponents won't let him intimidate them with his andrenaline and instead step up and hit winners off his mid court ground strokes. If I were Nadal's coach I would make him hit flatter, cause we don't have to worry that he won't hit with topspin. His Sharapova like forehand where his raquet finishes above his head is at best ugly, and I would say bad technically speaking.
Completely agree except for the ugly aesthetics. It's not pretty but I don't find it ugly. You are spot on about the intimadation factor though. Rafa really needs to go on the offensive and not let someone get hot and blow him off of the court. The good thing for Rafa is that thee are only a few players in my nind who can actually do it although it's not a good sign when Gimelstob gave him so much trouble.

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Rafa in straight sets.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
This win would be very important for JC's confidence, even more than the win against Nalbandian:) It will be tough, but JC can do it:yeah: GOOOOOO JCCCCCCC:banana:!!!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
FERRERO

·
Registered
726 Posts
adee-gee said:
Did you need to put it in bold and underline it to attempt to convince yourself :eek:
Do you care?

Anyway, I think Ferrero will win basing on this tournaments matches and Nadal playing on hard court(and this one is quite fast I think)

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
adee-gee said:
Did you need to put it in bold and underline it to attempt to convince yourself :eek:
A name like that deserves to be underlined and bolded. Just trying to get my point across.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Juanqui Lover said:
A name like that deserves to be underlined and bolded. Just trying to get my point across.
:lol: ok. If I have a son I want to call him Juan. I like the name. Except its not very British :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts