Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrero loses 3 games and serves at under 50 percent first serves.

Can't comment about the match as I didn't see it, but it lasted 71 minutes and there were lots of 30 all and deuce points on Ferrero's serve, but Gaudio's problems continue.

JCF now plays Hartfield in the next round.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 ace, 8 DFs from Gaudio sums it up really.

Looks like Betfair were right not to show this match.
He served poorly, that is only one aspect.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The 1st set was a breeze for Juanqui and he didn't face any break points, but Gaudio put him under quite a bit of pressure in his first 3 service games in the 2nd set. Ferrero only hit 45% of his 1st serves into play throughout the match, but despite that, this was a nice, convincing victory for him to open up his campaign here with :)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Although I couldn't see the match as well, I could feel that JCF was more match fit than Gaudio, many of whose DFs came on a BP.
JC's service percentage was very low for him. Was it very windy out there or something?

But it's always nice when your fave wins with 1 and 2! :D
Good luck to JC vs Hartfield too! :rocker2:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hopefully his low serve percentage means he was going for more on the 1st serve. Ever since the chicken pox his explosiveness just vanished. Footwork, forehand, backhand, serve, everything. It only began to come back during Wimbledon.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Gaston please :help:

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Gato :sobbing:

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
if GG dont play well in Kitz will drop to 130 or maybe more in the rankings :eek:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Papa Gaudio infected??? :help:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
As nice as this result is, I really feel bad for Gaston. He was a great player to watch, and to see this happen to him is really crappy. I hope he doesn't give up too easily.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
As nice as this result is, I really feel bad for Gaston. He was a great player to watch, and to see this happen to him is really crappy. I hope he doesn't give up too easily.
True. I liked Papa Gaudio's lazy touch! Artsy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts