Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know Nadal has a lock on Roland Garros every year and the only other guy you can give a look to is Roger, but that's purely just out of respect. Seriously though, I think Ferrer has a serious shot at winning it this year. He's beaten Nadal twice in a row on the grandest stages (on hard courts, all be it), and I think his game is in insane form right now. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Nah, sorry. He can go deep in any tournament, but I don't see him as a Grand Slam winner, unless Federer, Nadal and Djokovic (those 3 in particular) miraculously fall by the wayside.

Federer's struggle with Tipsy, the other day, only strengthens my belief that, sadly, he won't win the French if he has to beat Nadal to do it. He continues to struggle to penetrate the strongest defences, and his backhand is still haemorrhaging errors when specifically targeted.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Ferrer is one of the most underated players out there, he always goes deep in a GS and nobody ever mentions him, he has beaten some big big players, but i feel he will never win a GS but always be there or thereabouts e.g q-final/s-final

1 - 6 of 6 Posts