Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Hope he gets back soon.

·
23,538 Posts
Ferrer's injury woes since the start of the Grass Season still prevalent it seems sadly. That means maybe there is time for others to catchup, that or there might be a possibility that Ferrer may withdraw from the WTF (although maybe his injury won't be lasting that long). I agree better chance now for a seed upgrade for some. Let's see how it affects the draw.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,586 Posts
When did this start? I know he withdrew from Wimbledon.
He and Raonic not having such good luck this year

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Rough news for Ferrer, get well soon. Raonic will be the benefactor here though moving from the 9 seed to 8.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
So is Milos Raonic going to get the number eight seed? It would be huge for Milos to get the eighth seed it would mean no big four until the quarterfinals.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
When did this start? I know he withdrew from Wimbledon.
he played a bad match and lost to Baghdatis in Nottingham (hadn't played since the French open), then he withdrew from Wimbledon

So is Milos Raonic going to get the number eight seed? It would be huge for Milos to get the eighth seed it would mean no big four until the quarterfinals.
yes in Montreal but not in Cinci (if Fed plays there)

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
As I always said, Raonic is almost as lucky as Nadal. He'll get the seed #8 now. :lol:

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Should also mention that Stakhovsky is the other benefactor getting into the MD with Ferrer's withdrawal.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,586 Posts
It's raonic that it benefits. Gives him a top 8 seeding as well as getting closer to ferrer in the race.
Well he is still quite a way behind Nadal, Nishikori and Ferrer (more than 1000 pts difference) but he can make up some ground if he does go deep.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Well he is still quite a way behind Nadal, Nishikori and Ferrer (more than 1000 pts difference) but he can make up some ground if he does go deep.
Even in the unlikely event Raonic wins Montreal he would still be 9th behind Ferrer by 195 points.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
The point is wherever he gets to he's closing the gap on ferrer by at least a bit.
That is true, if Ferrer is out of both Montreal and Cincy, then Raonic can close the gap if he goes deep in both. He also has to leap Gasquet, but that's only 50 points, so basically one round further.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts