Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics litle bit stronger and more agressive then Rafa. Deserved win for Pics.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
:haha:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Not surprising.

Maybe Rafa "fans" will start actually watching his matches rather than staring at his ass and realise he's toilet at the moment.

Congrats Ferrer, deserves to top this group.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Pics > God :worship:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Congrats Pics.

When you get right down to it, tennis is a very simple game.

The player who takes advantage of the opportunities presented to them wins.

The player who does not...

Ferrer did, Rafa didn't. Simple as that. He'll be kicking himself over those 5 early bp's he wasted in the 2nd set. He'll be kicking himself especially hard if he doesn't make the Semis. He tried to come back at the end of both the 2nd and 3rd sets, but in both cases it was just too little too late. Oh well. At least he got a set out of it. It seems to me that it's a confidence thing more than anything else, which is sad to see. I actually saw him say "I can't take it anymore" (in Spanish, of course).

He could, though, help himself out greatly by taking two giant steps forward...and stop leaving the balls so damn short. And if someone finds his first serve, could you please return it to him?

It's just mind boggling. He started the match aggressive...and he just lost it. And couldn't find it again. That's worrying for his future.

Wouldn't it just be like Novak to come out firing since he has nothing to lose?...ugh.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Expected win............Ferrer has been in better form than Rafa. Nevertheless...:banana: :banana: :banana: Well Done David:hug:

Question: Ferrer should finish atop the group. What are the options for the second spot in the group?? Does Gasquet have a chance?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Good win for Ferrer

Nadal is playing far too much loaded topspin into the midcourt.

Once Ferrer stopped exchanging topspin and flattened his groundies out, it was Ferrer's to lose and he managed to pull it out.

Entertaining to watch, some good rallies, but like the Gasquet-Nadal match, you have to question the tactics of Nadal - that time he got away with it, but not today.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They both played very well , Pics won this thing thanks to his FH CC inside out. He was apsolutelly riping those balls on every chance he was getting.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Great tennis from Ferrer. He deserved the victory. Nadal wasn't really that bad, he was just beaten by someone in the best form of his life.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Not surprising.

Maybe Rafa "fans" will start actually watching his matches rather than staring at his ass and realise he's toilet at the moment.

Nadal played very well, the match was close but Pics is playing great and outplayed him, he hits way flatter and deep shots than Nadal and on this surface that makes a huge difference.

you always posting the same crap when he is losing :eek:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
This was an AMAZING performance from Pics! :hatoff:

More aggressive, more steady, and with whipping shots - Raf couldn't do very much about it to be honest.

The first three games I expected it to be a quickie for Raf - how wrong I was. Pics grew in the game very fast, deservedly took the second set, and then it was all over for Raf...

Well, Raf, I guess Rog will be available to offer a little comfort, okay? :hug: ;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Nadal was just too defensive as the match progressed. David went for his chances, and was just killing him with that FH diagonal.
Very brave from David. :wavey:

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Not surprising.

It was an expected win for Ferrer indeed, no need to panic

1 - 20 of 173 Posts