Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Never in doubt" seems like an appropriate comment to describe this result.

The start was close but as it progressed it was clear who had the advantage in all the baseline exchanges. Ferrer went up an early break in every set and JCF was under pressure in almost every service game so it was only a matter of time before Ferrer found himself in the clear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
this match had lots of deuce games, with many wasted leads and wasted bp's by both players. jcf had several bp's to get back on serve at 3-1 in the final set; when he wasted those, he gave up.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
:woohoo:

He could've done it much faster tho...

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
I´m sorry for the deluded JCF¨s fans who said Ferrero was back at his best and for those who defended his fh was a weapon again. Back down to Earth. He got outplayed, outhit and overpowered by Ferrer.

Buen trabajo Torito :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
what a boring match it was

almost impossible to hit winner between these two

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I´m sorry for the deluded JCF¨s fans who said Ferrero was back at his best and for those who defended his fh was a weapon again. Back down to Earth. He got outplayed, outhit and overpowered by Ferrer.

Buen trabajo Torito :D
Why do you get kicks from picking on JCF fans? Have they ever done something to you?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I dont get the strategy from jcf. At this stage in his career, he cant hang with guys like ferrer in long ass baseline rallies, but that is what he tried the whole match. Sometimes, he ripped a fh or bh to seemingly take control of the point, then when ferrer hit a defensive return, jcf just meekly returned instead of hitting a more offensive shot to put away the point. It is like he is only capable of hitting one aggressive shot at a time.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I wouldn't say it was completely one-sided, in the second set and for a large part of the third set Ferrero was looking pretty good and Ferrer was making mistakes. Then Ferrero lost his serve at *4-5 in the third set and it was over.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
lol Ferrero has never had a massive fh kinda like Federer,Moya,Gonzalez,Acasuso,Tursunov,Berdych , calleri, and many other players. I do not know why many thinks so why many thinks so.

Pics is just too fast and consistent for Ferrero.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
:bigcry:

No word, coz I couldn't see the match.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Why do you get kicks from picking on JCF fans? Have they ever done something to you?
I´m just saying I´m sorry for today´s dissapointment of those who thought JCF was going to win this match bc he was playing great tennis, as I said it was just a deluded judgement

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont get the strategy from jcf. At this stage in his career, he cant hang with guys like ferrer in long ass baseline rallies, but that is what he tried the whole match. Sometimes, he ripped a fh or bh to seemingly take control of the point, then when ferrer hit a defensive return, jcf just meekly returned instead of hitting a more offensive shot to put away the point. It is like he is only capable of hitting one aggressive shot at a time.
Agreed. He was actualy far more successful when he came into the net than when he stayed back. He has to learn that he'll never have the patience of a younger fresher player like Ferrer so he has to break up the rhythm somehow. I would have liked to see him hit harder and come in sooner to try to finish the points more quickly but he didn't have the confidence to do that.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I´m just saying I´m sorry for today´s dissapointment of those who thought JCF was going to win this match bc he was playing great tennis, as I said it was just a deluded judgement
He was plaing good tennis. This is still the best start he's made in 4 years.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
44 winners in 258 points is not that good :eek:
True, but Ferrer had 44 winners out of 138 points- since he won 138 points. JCF had 30 winners out of 120 points. Both of them being able to get back stuff to each other- that factored into it as well. Not Andy/Phillip territory by any means- but I was just trying to point out that David did have winners.

David had spots where he was more aggressive- and he has added more offensive aspects to his game over the past couple of years...he could not have played the way he did in Shanghai two or three years ago.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts