He will be missed. A great player.

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
really sad to see him leave .His power was legendary :sad:

·
Registered
301 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO! :( :( :( :( this is so sad! loved his game and his character. such talent and such power in his game. i cant belive he is retiring :( /cry

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
:sad:

Got to see him in New Haven in 2010, he was a great player with one of the biggest FH in the game. He will definitely be missed.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
OMG

This time it's official, he announces it himself :sad:

really I hoped he wouldn't do that

I will miss him a lot, the enthusiasm, total freedom and absence of fear he had when he hit the ball, even in recent years on his backhand returns or flat passing-shots, was really great.

Of course AO 2007 was the summum of that pleasure.

Only Fed and Nalbandian I will miss more from the 2000s.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Gonzo :sad:

I cant say its a shock though, he has completely faded from the picture thanks to so many injuries, he is too good a player to hang around like a journeyman.
It was a pleasure watching you play Fernando. I will miss that guillotine forehand, and I am sure I wont be alone in this. And I will never forget your AO 07 run- the hottest I have personally seen a non-top player get over a GS fortnight. :worship:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
I know this has been a much debated topic and I'm a Fedfan, but I do believe personally that his forehand was better than Fed's, I don't think there has been a better forehand in the last 20 years, I will not compare with Lendl who was in a totally different context.

I could read some players who thought the same.

He did not always hit it, sometimes he could also spin it, and he had such confidence.

Yes he took more risks than Fed with that, but that's because his backhand was much less effective. And his consistency was good imo considering the risks he took.

·
12,691 Posts
I know this has been a much debated topic and I'm a Fedfan, but I do believe personally that his forehand was better than Fed's.

I could read some players who though the same.

He did not always hit it, sometimes he could also spin it, and he had such confidence.

Yes he took more risks than Fed with that, but that's because his backhand was much less effective. And his consistency was good imo considering the risks he took.
I agree with you. His Forehand at his peak is better than Fed's.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Gonzo :sad:

I'll definitely miss him.:sad:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts