Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Such a good player. Very good serve, amazing at the net, solid baseliner. I am amazed that this guy isn't ranked higher (currently 42). I can't see any major flaws in his game (maybe mental strength), he's got the shots to be a top 20 player (maybe even higher), so I was just wondering what everyone thinks is stopping Lopez getting into top 20?:confused:

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
bang less bitches??? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Such a good player. Very good serve, amazing at the net, solid baseliner. I am amazed that this guy isn't ranked higher (currently 42). I can't see any major flaws in his game (maybe mental strength), he's got the shots to be a top 20 player (maybe even higher), so I was just wondering what everyone thinks is stopping Lopez getting into top 20?:confused:
Agree. LaLo is a genius

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
You must blink every time he hits a backhand. :lol:

jk. Seriously, that backhand side is what most often gets him into trouble and it is most often what causes him to lose a match.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
...for a serious answer. We say it all the time, and it can still be said - his backhand. The slice is good, but he doesn't hit through the ball very well. Costa has improved it, but there is still work to be done.

I wouldn't say he is particularly solid from the back, either. When I saw some of his matches against Koubek and Wawrinka, last week, I'd always get the feeling he'd lose the majority of baseline rallies against those guys. I liked his attacking tennis, but he didn't do that as much as I'd have liked.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know that David Ferrer had an amazing year and he comes as a favourite into the match against Lopez, but I really do feel that we will witness an upset. He played really well against Volandri, who I know isn't that good on indoor hardcoruts but still it was quite a performance.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Defeating Volandri on carpet isn't a big achievement. He needs backhand and mental stability. It can give him a chance

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
but I do agree, maybe he should worry more about his game than how he looks on court!

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
I know that David Ferrer had an amazing year and he comes as a favourite into the match against Lopez, but I really do feel that we will witness an upset. He played really well against Volandri, who I know isn't that good on indoor hardcoruts but still it was quite a performance.

hahahahah:crazy:

he could probably start by not getting thoroughly outplayed by D.Y. at the U.S. Open

but yeah, in all seriousness obviously backhand

he could make into top 20 eventually - but he's not beating David "Pics" Ferrer

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
He has next to no hope if the real Pics Ferrer turns up.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maybe he should shave his head, worked wonders for Ljubicic :) but then again Ljubicic had no choice really, unless he wanted to look like 50 year old math professor (a.k.a davydenko)

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
The answer to your question.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Even if I don't really like the bloke (just a mite TOO fancy for me, heh), I must admit he has a GREAT game, amazing serve, good baseline game - but his BH often lets him down for a bit.

If he'd be able to concentrate on his TENNIS a little more than on his looks & on how many groupies he'll be able to bang, he'd indeed have a good chance to be a top-20 player, as he sure has the talent. Now for the attitude, eh?

Yeah, call it the "Marat Syndrome". :angel:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts