the umpire saying that he
didn't see it. The decision not
to give him a point penalty
infuriated Romas-Vinolas who
refused to shake hands with
the umpire at the end of the
match.
shots fired

www.tennisworldusa.org/Feliciano-Lo...voritism-over-some-players-articolo23731.html

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,930 Posts
He's just saying for there to be uniformity with enforcement of rules regarding appropriate court conduct.

·
Rankings Master
16,097 Posts
Not TennisWorldUSA again. Such a bad publication/whatever it is. Untrustworthy. Anyone interested in confirming this interview?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts

·
MONSOON season.
82,490 Posts
Not TennisWorldUSA again. Such a bad publication/whatever it is. Untrustworthy. Anyone interested in confirming this interview?
I'm mostly appalled at the English/spelling :eek:

·
29,645 Posts
So basically sticking up for Ramos and having a go at Kyrgios/Rosol?

The Spanish players are such babies/Rafatards :lol:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Yes Pascal Maria is biased and his favorite is Nadal. He even gifted him RG 2013 on a silver plate.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bashing Carlos Bernardes too, Rafa's nemesis.

These Spaniards, man...

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I think Feliciano has a point... A point that should be obvious: rules should be applied evenly to all players. It shouldn't even be controversial.

It is also obvious that rules are not applied evenly. That is something that has to be fixed. :shrug:

It is a fact the Kyrgios would have lost that match if the rules had been applied. It is something that has to be addressed.

PS I also think that Nick will be hurt in the long run by umpires letting him get away with his tantrums... The sense of entitlement he could acquire may prevent him from fulfilling his potential... But that's another story, one we'll have to wait a few years to see unfold. :)

In the meantime, players have every right to demand equal and fair treatment, which they are not getting.

·
29,645 Posts
I think Feliciano has a point... A point that should be obvious: rules should be applied evenly to all players. It shouldn't even be controversial.

It is also obvious that rules are not applied evenly. That is something that has to be fixed. :shrug:

It is a fact the Kyrgios would have lost that match if the rules had been applied. It is something that has to be addressed.

PS I also think that Nick will be hurt in the long run by umpires letting him get away with his tantrums... The sense of entitlement he could acquire may prevent him from fulfilling his potential... But that's another story, one we'll have to wait a few years to see unfold. :)

In the meantime, players have every right to demand equal and fair treatment, which they are not getting.
Spanish armada want 2 year ranking systems, umpires to give them more than 25 seconds, softer grass, and on-court coaching. Sounds fair, no?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Spanish armada want 2 year ranking systems, umpires to give them more than 25 seconds, softer grass, and on-court coaching. Sounds fair, no?
That's not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking specifically about Feli's complaint that he was given a point penalty as per the rules, yet Kyrgios wasn't given a game penalty when he should have according to the rules. That is unfair.

That the Spanish Armada would like rules changed for their own benefit? Good luck with that! :lol: But they are not asking that Rafa be allowed more than 25 seconds while the rest of the field only 25... That would be unfair. :)

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Rest assured Lopez wouldn't have made a peep when his countryman Nadal bullied Bernades with his classless comments about never umpiring his matches again.... Lopez will find some other example where he and his mates are slighted in some way and cry about it.Even though I see where he has a point whenever there is a complaint from within,you don't have to look far or guess hard on who usually does it.

The Spanish sorority train just chugs along full steam with the holier than thou behaviour.

... And it not just tennis either,Tiger Woods has said plenty of times that Sergio Garcia is an absolute whiner period.To Sergio's credit,he actually agreed somewhat.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Looking forward to a Feli-Kyrgios match.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

Agreed. The rules need to be enforced consistently.

I personally don't care if players swear, but if umpires are enforcing it on some players, they can't turn a blind eye to others. And like you say, Kyrgios being allowed to get away with murder isn't good for his development as a player. That's two matches now (Australian Open and Estoril) where he really should've been defaulted.

·
29,645 Posts
Hitting a ball out of the stadium is a crap rule anyway.

Few years back Monte Carlo, Gulbis hits one into the Meditteranean against Monaco and gets points and games deducted off him by a jobsworth umpire.

Ramos was being a whiny little shit and he deserved to get booed at the end like the jester he is.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Hitting a ball out of the stadium is a crap rule anyway.

Few years back Monte Carlo, Gulbis hits one into the Meditteranean against Monaco and gets points and games deducted off him by a jobsworth umpire.

Ramos was being a whiny little shit and he deserved to get booed at the end like the jester he is.
If it's a crap rule then get rid of it, don't enforce it sporadically.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts