Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fedtards, it's time to unite behind Rafael Nadal

6K views 81 replies 57 participants last post by  ivanban 
#1 ·
No more words needed.

The bromance is real. All the tard wars have no meaning anymore, and Federer and Nadal would both be disgusted by it.

Let the love flow, people 🥰

Facial expression Blue Smile Muscle Shorts

Hand Human body Dress Purple Gesture

See less See more
#10 ·
You can be rivals and still get along with them. Its called respect. If you want respect you have to give it also.
Always told you you were making a huge deal just because Nadal would brake some of Federer records.
Records are meant to be broken.
But the respect and friendships has grown stronger over the years.
If they can have a decent relationship why cant us fans?
You dont have to say anything more. We all saw yesterday the evidence.

#12 ·
I greatly respect his tenacity on court and he seems like a decent person off court. And I do like the bond between the two of them But I simply CANNOT watch a Nadal game without feeling annoyed at the various tics and style of play. I tried to root for him at Wimbledon and it just wasn't happening.

I will keep an eye at him and the French Open and hope he wins and is able to bow out with a final win that Roger couldn't because you can't get mad at one of the most insane records in sport at this stage. But I cannot root for him anywhere else even if I don't want Novak to win the most slams of the three.

Djokovic is a worse person but better to watch.

#42 ·
I think they both realised that together they were bigger than individually and embraced their rivalry, becoming friends. Neither is as great without the other one and they both know this.
That’s pretty much it. The emotions are not just about them being friends - i think they are on good terms but it’s not like they’re close buddies.

I think the emotions are are more about what the other person represents:all that sweat and hard work, all the heart aches, and triumphs. They have a long shared history where they’ve pushed each other to the limit and sacrificed everything to outdo each other. But in the end, there’s enormous respect because they had a long epic rivalry that was always mutually respectful.
And for Nadal: he hasn’t retired yet, but I think he feels the end is very near now.

#18 ·
Main takeway: this board is full of stupid kids who fail to see the bigger picture but rather engage in endless idiotic tardwars. Probably most had to endure a defective childhood and deal with their emotional problems by posting nonsense online.
i am so happy I left this shithole years ago! ❤

#40 ·
I respect Rafa a lot. Can I actively root for him as a player? I don't think so, but if he goes on to win more slams, then I will be happy for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.