·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, that's why :unsure:

Swiss tennis star Roger Federer tracking US presidential race

The Associated Press
Wednesday, April 2, 2008

KEY BISCAYNE, Florida: Roger Federer says young people seem to be following the U.S. presidential race this year — and that includes him.

The 26-year-old Swiss tennis star said he became interested in the campaign during his offseason last winter.

"I was following it more actually when I was in Switzerland and not playing," Federer said following his fourth-round victory at the Sony Ericsson Open on Tuesday. "Now, in America, I don't know, it's almost too much of it."

Federer did not identify his favorite candidate. Republican hopeful John McCain was expected to face one of the Democrat challengers, Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

"For me it's hard to compare, because until now I didn't really follow it," he said. "So this is the first year, and so I just want to see how it really works.

"I couldn't believe that it takes that long, you know. There's so much talk about it for like a year in advance, which is tough for the president, it seems. But, look, it's the way it is. People are really into it. Seems like the younger generation is more into it. I think that's key to this race."

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
It's Ralph Nader's fault. :sad:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I can't believe I'm saying this about such a mug player that should be retiring right about now, but...stick to tennis, Roger.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
I bet Federer has a thing for John Edwards. It's okay Rogi, we all do.
Federer: "You have the best Million Dollar Haircut."

Edwards: "No, silly, you have the best Million Dollar Haircut."

(Awkward pause)

Federer: "Um...I have to go see Mirka now."

Edwards: "Yeah, uh...I need to go and...endorse someone...I think."

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Fed - stick to tennis. Politics is not your thing.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's funny to me that Federer would be following the presidential race when he isn't one to really follow the news.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
It's funny to me that Federer would be following the presidential race when he isn't one to really follow the news.
Once again - do read his comments on this matter, you might be able to conclude that he hardly follows it at all. Ah - too difficult I suppose.
:retard:

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
Rogi's following the news closely because he too wants to be Prezzie some day. ;)
I'm trying to decide whether I would rather see Federer win the French Open or become the President of the United States (assuming a constitutional amendment allowed for a foreign-born President). *Sigh* I guess I'd rather he win French--it's close, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts