Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you feel his form going into london for WTF 2011 is at least if not better than last year? I've noticed he makes far far fewer mistakes on the backhand wing and is getting more aggressive on the 2nd serve returns in his last two matches against berdych and tsonga along with doing a much better job returning and reading their first serves. I feel his movement has improved as i now see him getting to more balls and actually getting to his forehand wing alot quicker and making some great shots. Also ever since roland garros he's been getting a higher first serve % that has surprisingly stayed for most of the season. Glad to see fed getting his "cluthness" back towards the end of that 2nd set with tsonga. Fed didn't miss a first serve the whole tiebreak and got back almost every tsonga first serve during that time.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Its going to depend on whether or not Nole and Nadal are healthy here.. Odds are they won't be so Fed's odds at getting the YEC going through the roof in his favor if they are either to injured to be near 100 percent or just don't show up at all.

The other top 5-10 is absolutely pitiful and have no chance. I mean what the hell is Ferrer, Berdych,Murray, Tsonga and the rest of the garbage going to do here? These guys aren't champions or threats

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Pretty good. I suppose he has a chance to overtake Pete Sampras and Ivan Lendl for Year-end Championship victories. It would be a huge achievement to overcome these fairly reasonable quality players.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
I mean what the hell is Ferrer, Berdych,Murray, Tsonga and the rest of the garbage going to do here? These guys aren't champions or threats
Why don't you just stop watching tennis when everyone is a mug for you? We are used to your comments about Roger but now you also insult other professional players who are amongst the 10 best players in the world right now.

They are giving their best on the court just as the opponents your favorite player had to compete with back when he was active.

You don't seem to be a fan of tennis and one can only feel sorry for this.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Hopefully Roger will be able to keep up his current level of play for London. He surely needs to play as well there as he has in the last 2 tournaments which he won now.

Berdych and Tsonga can be really tricky, sames goes for Murray who only lost a close match since the USO.

Rafa might be a bit rusty but it would be dangerous to underestimate him. He didn't play in Paris-Bercy last year as well and still reached the final in London.

It has to be seen how Novak will physically be for London. Let's not forget that he retired in Cincinatti but was able to win in New York then.

He will surely be motivated to end his incredible season with the best possible result.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
Omg, what's SetSampras doing in this forum?!

I really hope that Roger wins the WTF again. I hope that VintageFed shows up for the tournament with JesusFed making an appearance every now and then. That's not too greedy, is it? :)

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Roger most definitely looked a lot sharper in Basel and Paris than throughout the entire rest of the year, and perhaps even more sharp than he was at this same time last year when he managed to take the title.
That said... all the players participating in the WTF are 'big boys', so Rog won't be allowed to have his incidental 'stinker match' along the route (like those against Nieminen in Basel and against Monaco in Paris).
We'll just have to wait and see. He's most definitely a solid candidate. :)

I guess that the thread was originally started on GM and then moved in here ;)
Obviously. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Federer was in awesome form at last year's event and had been in good form for longer going into it, but the actual level is pretty similar.

Lol at SetSampras saying it's a question of Nadal & Djoker's form. Yeah, 'cause the match is SO on their racquets indoors.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Lol at SetSampras saying it's a question of Nadal & Djoker's form. Yeah, 'cause the match is SO on their racquets indoors.
:haha: - well that's archetypical SetSampy, no? :bowdown:
Still can't take it that Fed beat Sampras' GS record and hoping (quite probably in vain) that someone from this generation will overtake Fed.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
:haha: - well that's archetypical SetSampy, no? :bowdown:
Still can't take it that Fed beat Sampras' GS record and hoping (quite probably in vain) that someone from this generation will overtake Fed.
I still don't understand why he wants TWO people to break Sampras's record rather than just one. :confused:

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
His form is good, I just fear that he might be a bit tired after playing 2 tournament in a row.

Hopefully he will have recovered and be ready for the WTF.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I still don't understand why he wants TWO people to break Sampras's record rather than just one. :confused:
That's pretty much :confused: :confused: :confused: indeed.
The only rational explanation would be that he's just more of a Fed-hater than he ever was a Sampras tard. Quite sad, actually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts