Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it has been a long and a protracted tradition on the past of resident Federeresians to cry, weep, and scream about Fed`s draw no matter what slam is in question or even what masters events he is in. somehow, he gets the raw deal but Nadal gets to skate to the finals.

i see the Nadal`s draw as significantly tougher than Fed`s draw. Davydenko is the hottest player on the tour now. unles he chokes on his power drink when he sees Fed, he is likely to derail Fed tomorrow in Estoril.

Fed`s draw is not tough. Nothing could be further from the truth. first and foremost, how can Fed and his devoted Federeresians bitch and moan about any draw that he faces since he is the one with 12 slams and #1 rank for more than 4 years in a row.

secondly, Fed has stated clearly and in no uncertian terms that he wants to be considered the greatest ever. that being the case, the burden of proof should always be on him and no draw should be considered too tough. it is he who is building the case for the greatest ever.

i think he has had it too bloody easy for too long. let him be tested and and lets let him make his case for the greatest ever.

its always tougher for Nadal. he is not as talented as Fed and it is he who has not won a title in 10 months. lets be fair here. Davydenko, Almagro, and Ferru are among the toughest now on dirt. this looks like a much rougher deal for Nadal.

thoughts?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
How can you talk about the past when you've been here for like two and a half months? BOTH sides of fans have made pathetic complaints about draws. And I don't think Fed has had it easy during his time at top, he's only made it look that way.

·
Banned
12,239 Posts
This thread sucks because:
[_] it is started by Clay Death
[_] it will never end as Clay Death posts in it and he never knows when to stop

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
How can you talk about the past when you've been here for like two and a half months? BOTH sides of fans have made pathetic complaints about draws. And I don't think Fed has had it easy during his time at top, he's only made it look that way.
Maybe because he hasn't only been here for 2.5 months? ;)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I admit that Nadal has gotten a tougher draw than Federer but it's unfair to call it easy for Roger. And what is it with saying that Federer hasn't been tested properly? Bullshit. He has showed himself worthy of being one of the greatest players through numerous epic matches which under no circumstances can be called easy. Why can't you just bite the sour apple and admit that Federer is the world number one despite how many easy or hard draws he has encountered within his time?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the tournament. I'll be on the plane towards Nice in 2 days and I'll catch a train connection to Monte Carlo. Got tickets for the entire tournament and reservations for a 5 star hotel. It'll be a great start on my summer vacation!

·
Banned
12,239 Posts
because he is an double acount :shrug:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Stupid, pointless thread. But Clay Death created it, so no surprise. Last I checked, Fed never complains about his draws.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I admit that Nadal has gotten a tougher draw than Federer but it's unfair to call it easy for Roger. And what is it with saying that Federer hasn't been tested properly? Bullshit. He has showed himself worthy of being one of the greatest players through numerous epic matches which under no circumstances can be called easy. Why can't you just bite the sour apple and admit that Federer is the world number one despite how many easy or hard draws he has encountered within his time?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the tournament. I'll be on the plane towards Nice in 2 days and I'll catch a train connection to Monte Carlo. Got tickets for the entire tournament and reservations for a 5 star hotel. It'll be a great start on my summer vacation!

prior to failing to win at the Australian Open, he has been tested just once in his 12 slam wins and it was a clay courter with a limited game and a bad knee who pushed him. it was at Wimby final 2007.

think about it. easy draws and easily skating to the finals in his 12 Slams that he won and tested just once. never was he even taken to 5 sets other that 2007 Wimby final.

he has had the opportunity to make a complete mockery of the men`s game for a long time. thank god for Nadal and Djokovic or he would have had 2 calender slams and a total of 16 slams already.

so i welcome a little competition for a guy who has specifically said that he is building a case for the greatest ever.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
:scratch: Fed has Nalby, one of toughest match ups for him on any surface, and the real No1, the real goat in Djoker. Easy? Not.

its always tougher for Nadal. he is not as talented as Fed and it is he who has not won a title in 10 months. lets be fair here.
It's Nadal's problem. By this logic, someone ranked 504 always has the toughest draw. Stop :crying2: for Nadal then, pathetic Rafagirl.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
prior to failing to win at the Australian Open, he has been tested just once in his 12 slam wins and it was a clay courter with a limited game and a bad knee who pushed him. it was at Wimby final 2007.

think about it. easy draws and easily skating to the finals in his 12 Slams that he won and tested just once. never was he even taken to 5 sets other that 2007 Wimby final.
Thats the most bold view to look at a thing I've ever seen. If you were to say that he has easily gotten his 12 slams, which is totally wrong bu the way, the most obvious and best way to explain it is to complain on the lack of quality in the field. Roger is just so much ahead of the others when his game is at it's best that he makes it look so terribly easy. I don't know where you have all this hatred for him from but you are obviously blinded by it to such degree you are becoming lunaticly delusional.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
i had checked out the board long before i joined it. for the most part, average Federeresian is over-protective of Fed and any draw he faces is a tough draw. i just cant buy it.
You need to get a job. You obsess far too much over Federer and Nadal, and more recently Djokovic. I just watched the Cable Guy on TV, you remind me of Jim Carey's character in that.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm slightly late to this party, but what exactly is a "Federeresian?" :scratch:
a Federeresian is a blind follower of a religion called Federerism.

he/she is a fan of Fed but one who is overprofusive/superabundant in praising him around the clock. call it mindless irrational exhuberance without little objectivity.

for contrast, i am a Clay Monster fan but i try to be objective. i know the buffoon is useless on hard courts and just gets by on guts, grit, hustle, and heart. and i am not afraid to say so. his game is limited and he does not the have the kind of gifts Fed is blessed with.

just giving you an example here.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts

he has had the opportunity to make a complete mockery of the men`s game for a long time. thank god for Nadal and Djokovic or he would have had 2 calender slams and a total of 16 slams already.

so i welcome a little competition for a guy who has specifically said that he is building a case for the greatest ever.
:haha:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
They are both lucky that Clay Death is not in the draw. Nobody can deal with groundstrokes more than 150km/h and spins in excess of 5000rpm in every single exchange from the backcourt. Not to mention the deadly double-handed backhand.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are both lucky that Clay Death is not in the draw. Nobody can deal with groundstrokes more than 150km/h and spins in excess of 5000rpm in every single exchange from the backcourt. Not to mention the deadly double-handed backhand.

hey Merton speaking of a 2 handed backhand, tomorrow`s match is interesting. one handed backhand against a 2 handed backhand.

if Davydenko doesnt choke, he can take the fight to Fed and pressure his backhand wing. the Russian has been riding a wave confidence. i see him coming through in 3 tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts