Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uh, if something deserves a new thread, I'd say it's this.

“Tough match, obviously,” said Federer, who had not played since the Australian Open. “It was always going to be a tough draw. I knew that from the start. He’s played many matches already this season whereas obviously I come in a little bit cold.

“My expectations are not sky-high at this point. Obviously I haven’t played much so you don’t go in with any expectations, actually. You hope to get past the first round, no matter if it’s a guy with no ranking or a guy ranked basically in the top 10.

“Of course I wish I would have maybe had a little bit easier draw, but under the circumstances I felt I played okay. It wasn’t a bad match, which is the only positive thing out of tonight.

“I definitely could have played much better tennis, but then again you’ve got to give credit to the guy who beat you and came up with the shots. I played some awful forehands many times. I think that really had something to do with being a bit rusty. That happens and I usually come through those matches, but not tonight.”

and I gave him the mistakes today but I think overall, over a 15-year career, you want to look to win a point more often than for an opponent to miss.

"That's what served me well over the years but who knows, he might surprise us all and do it for 20 years.

Always the same ways of guys to quote only what they wanted to make Federer looks like a bitch....

That's a bit pathetic...
"Of course, I wish I would have maybe had a little bit easier draw, but under the circumstances I felt I played OK. It wasn't a bad match, which is the only positive thing out of tonight."

"He played well and hung on when it mattered," Federer said, honestly,

"Usually I manage to win through, but Andy was too good for me."

Sounds like he also gave credit to Murray, yesterday journalists spinned an interview to make it seem as though his participation to the olympics was in doubt. Taking quotes out of context and leaving the others to fit the tone of a story is not exactly unheard of...

He certainly wasn't pleased to lose and his interview did sound a bit like sour grapes at some point, but it wasn't as bad as some are making it here
I'll be damned. I should have known better really. If this is really the whole interview (which looks like it), then I was simply fooled by "Federer criticises Murray's style" thread. Yeah, he does criticise Murray, yes he's way off, but looking at the other posts I thought the text on that thread was the whole interview and he actually said nothing positive about Murray. And before you say it, yes, that one sentence does matter... And oh, forgive me for not checking it from somewhere else afterwards.

If someone is going to post a laughing emoticon (seems to be a pattern here) or imply that this rant is ridiculous, then your posts deserve a hundred laughing emoticons and you are much more ridiculous, since it is you who pick on somebody with childish jokes ("I'm God and my shit doesn't smell"... Dear god), by refering the person the way you want him to be.

Forums suck.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Uh, if something deserves a new thread, I'd say it's this.

I'll be damned. I should have known better really. If this is really the whole interview (which looks like it), then I was simply fooled by "Federer criticises Murray's style" thread. Yeah, he does criticise Murray, yes he's way off, but looking at the other posts I thought the text on that thread was the whole interview and he actually said nothing positive about Murray. And before you say it, yes, that one sentence does matter... And oh, forgive me for not checking it from somewhere else afterwards.

If someone is going to post a laughing emoticon (seems to be a pattern here) or imply that this rant is ridiculous, then your posts deserve a hundred laughing emoticons and you are much more ridiculous, since it is you who pick on somebody with childish jokes ("I'm God and my shit doesn't smell"... Dear god), by refering the person the way you want him to be.

Forums suck.
" Murray, oh he sucks. He's terrible. My mom could play better than him. He's not just bad, he's stupid, he doesn't learn, he's been playing that same crappy style for years now. He looks so funny, a tall lanky guy like that running as fast as he can around the court. He is so passive, when is he going to grow a pair? Oh well...I guess it works for him. But it does make me want to vomit (I suspect he's familiar with that particular phenomenon). "

Man, Roger is FULL of compliments. You guys are just selectively quoting.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
For some reason I was thinking Roger was ranting about the forum. Such disappointment.

In time you will learn to have a comfortable love/hate relationship with MTF and GM in particular. Give it time, grasshopper.

Reactions: Fee

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
" Murray, oh he sucks. He's terrible. My mom could play better than him. He's not just bad, he's stupid, he doesn't learn, he's been playing that same crappy style for years now. He looks so funny, a tall lanky guy like that running as fast as he can around the court. He is so passive, when is he going to grow a pair? Oh well...I guess it works for him.
Damn.

Where does he say those things? :)

If you actually interpret what he said in that way... Well then, wait, where is that... Here it is:

:haha:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well.. Guess what:

"Of course, I wish I would have maybe had a little bit easier draw, but under the circumstances I felt I played OK. It wasn't a bad match, which is the only positive thing out of tonight."

"He played well and hung on when it mattered," Federer said, honestly,

"Usually I manage to win through, but Andy was too good for me."

Sounds like he also gave credit to Murray, yesterday journalists spinned an interview to make it seem as though his participation to the olympics was in doubt. Taking quotes out of context and leaving the others to fit the tone of a story is not exactly unheard of...

He certainly wasn't pleased to lose and his interview did sound a bit like sour grapes at some point, but it wasn't as bad as some are making it here

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Damn.

Where does he say those things? :)

If you actually interpret what he said in that way... Well then, wait, where is that... Here it is:

:haha:
I simply exaggerated the bad and de-emphasized the good to make the point that it's perfectly reasonable for people not to quote the good there because it is insignificant when compared to the bad (people often add feigned praise to criticism so that they don't look mean-spirited). Those 2 sentences do not in any way negate the rest.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@hra87: Oh, alright. Sorry then, didn't catch that.

I actually disagree that those sentences negate the rest, for the exact reason how you said that it makes him "look not mean-spirited", even if I agree his criticism is way off, it's his opinion

But what I'm merely trying to say here is that it negates what the people on this forum say.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Forums suck.
You'll get used to it. Making no sense, bashing players and/or fans, fanboyism, tardism, it's all part of the MTF folklore.
Quite amusing, actually. And know what? there are actually quite a lot of nice people over here, too! :D :wavey:

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
It is no surprise that your thread is not even one page long and the troll thread from BurroClown23 is over 5 pages long. This is MTF GM - get used to it.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
It is no surprise that your thread is not even one page long and the troll thread from BurroClown23 is over 5 pages long. This is MTF GM - get used to it.
Like rats that come out at night, Fed haters on GM come out whenever Fed loses, and gloat in joy. They also take Fed's quotes out of context from his interviews, and try to bring him down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts