Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Link: http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/121264.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Rog expects Murray to be big trouble at this years WTF, while he sees Djokovic as tired but possibly a strong contender with the time he has to recover for it. He briefly mentions the other guys as possible "Davydenko's" this year, then mentions Nadal as an afterthought.

Mindgames? Piling on the pressure on Murray is a clever ploy methinks. Underestimating Nadal? Dismissing him with a one liner "tough customer" comment is genius.

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Re: Federer's thoughts on WTF: considers Murray a major threat - barely mentions Nada

"I do believe if Djokovic is fit, and Murray fit as well, which it seems like he is, they are also going to be difficult to beat.

"And Rafa, regardless how he is going to be, he is always a tough customer. So I think it is going to be a really good World Championships."

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Re: Federer's thoughts on WTF: considers Murray a major threat - barely mentions Nada

Bit of a non-story old boy. Nadal is notoriously shit indoors, as attested by the fact that even Roger regularly thrashes him.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts

Federer is smart and I'm sure he puts pressure on Murray with statements like this. It seems like a good tactic.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

Who is Nadal? Never heard of him.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

Murray in theory should be a bigger threat even on the slow indoor court. PS. I agree with you Lawrence Of Tennis.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Bit of a non-story old boy. Nadal is notoriously shit indoors, as attested by the fact that even Roger regularly thrashes him.
Even so, Nadal was the finalist last year, gives no end of trouble to Fed regardless of it being indoors and has Fed not heard Nadal has been doing super secret intense indoor training!? I mean really.

Reactions: Sophocles

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Btw, why have the points from last year's WTF come off the rankings? WTF is next week.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts

LOL super secret intense indoor training :eek: :superlol: :haha:

I personally also think Murray and Federer are the favourites. Let's see how Murray will hold up mentally but would be nice if he could win the whole thing. :)

·
Banned
5,509 Posts

At the moment Federer and Murray are the two best players indoors so it's an understandable tactic by Federer.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts

Tough to say about Nadal anything at this point as he hasn`t played one match indoors this year.Sure he could make finals like last year but he could also lose all his matches in the group.Without seeing his first RR match from him,there is nothing to say really

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

Wonder what Murray has to say about this.

probably

"its good Federer keeps in good books. but there are 6 days remaining and i will probably try to increase my fitness during the coming days and we will how it goes" :p

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

i miss Delpo and Davy !

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

trolling thread....next

·
Registered
367 Posts

Federer just trying to distract from the fact that he's actually seriously worried about facing the Fishmeister on the deep blue courts of the O2 Arena.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

Fed bringing out the old mindgames I see. ;)

·
Registered
7,983 Posts

Since when is Murray and indoor king or something...Nadal as you say sucks indoors and yet he will beat Murray if they meet you know that.......Roger is putting pressure that's all .....

·
Registered
6,882 Posts

feds lucky delpo isnt there to spank him.

·
29,637 Posts

'delpo' can't even spank Blake or Granollers you spaz.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts