Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Federer was the tiebreak GOAT as recently as a year ago, but in 2014 he has a losing record in tiebreaks, even though he's playing considerably better than last year.

But no problem can be found? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
I know it's kind of silly, but I'm glad this is happening. He's still got the top career tiebreaker percentage (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Performance-Zone/Performance-Tie-Breakers-Career-List.aspx), but Isner is really close. Need to share those records around, although Isner has some pretty cool all-time records himself.
That career list is wrong for Sampras, he's on 62,8, not 63,7 (328-194). Still ahead of Roddick as the best one to actually have retired. I'm hoping Federer can stay ahead of that one. Doesn't look too difficult. He's won 22 more than Pete and lost 3 less so would have to have an horrific stat from now on to go below that.

·
10,272 Posts
Problem is weaker serve and Backhand ROS :shrug:

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
The problem for Federer is HE IS not HUNGRY ANY MORE ! He has a family which is most important thing for him and he is a very happy man. The game is not so important for him. He played only one match in Rome for 5 weeks and Edberg said before FO that FO is not Federer'priority . So I do not think if you have no goal to win it you will play at 100% there. IMO Federer needed tough matches to get back in his competitive form for grass season. We saw it happened to Serena,Nadal,Djokovic and every great player. One day you can have this fighting spirit and next day it is missing. That is what happens to those great player who had won everything and there is nothing to prove

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I seem to remember that in 2012 (the only year to which we can realistically compare that was a 'good year' at the moment) his tiebreak record wasn't that great either, up to about now I think it might have been close to even, and certainly was over the whole year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts