Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 Federer 6,530
2 Nadal 5,535

If the tennis apocalypse were to happen and Nadal were to beat Nalbandian today, go on to win TMC undefeated, and see Federer fail to win a single RR match, Federer's lead would shrink to 95 points.

Unless he breaks his leg or something, prolly not likely, but nonetheless, it's closer than I thought. If Nadal does manage to outperform Fed next week, the AO could be a mighty dramatic tournament.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
His #1 was threatened more in 2004, during Wimbledon, o it's not first time ever

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...his lead over Nadal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
2 weeks ago, everyone was talking about djoko getting nadal's no.2 spot. now nadal's gonna get the no.1 spot.

woot.

Nadal's best chance is definitely AO. he's got a lot of points to defend after that. (right up to wimbledon!)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
he might just play Doha and get 250 points straight away

·
Registered
833 Posts
1 Federer 6,530
2 Nadal 5,535

If the tennis apocalypse were to happen and Nadal were to beat Nalbandian today, go on to win TMC undefeated, and see Federer fail to win a single RR match, Federer's lead would shrink to 95 points.

Unless he breaks his leg or something, prolly not likely, but nonetheless, it's closer than I thought. If Nadal does manage to outperform Fed next week, the AO could be a mighty dramatic tournament.
I'd go out on a limb and say, hmmm, not bloody likely.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd go out on a limb and say, hmmm, not bloody likely.
The apocalypse scenario or outperforming Fed?

The former is, as I said, not likely at all, but outperforming Fed...I dunno, it's not that far-fetched. They haven't played for a while, but should they meet at TMC, I'd give Nadal the edge, especially based on current form.

Nadal's improved *alot* since their meeting there last year, and depending on the groups, Nadal could win the whole thing, and Fed could lose in the semi. Not that much of a stretch to see Djok or Nadal take out Fed in the semi. Should that happen, Nadal is heavily favored against anyone on the guest-list except for Djok, so, he has a great shot to win the whole thing.

I'm not familiar with how the groups are decided though. Nadal and Fed *could* meet in the semis or they *could* meet in the final, right?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
They haven't played for a while, but should they meet at TMC, I'd give Nadal the edge, especially based on current form.
axaxaxax

·
Registered
27,354 Posts
Have you got Federer's phone number? Might want to alert him of this crisis asap. But do it tomorrow morning, otherwise he won't have a good nights sleep and Mirka will be cut.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you got Federer's phone number? Might want to alert him of this crisis asap. But do it tomorrow morning, otherwise he won't have a good nights sleep and Mirka will be cut.
Okay. I'll give Tommy Haas a call too and let him know that he shouldn't feel too badly 'cause despite all that hype, (close to two decades of it now, eh?) no one ever *really* expected him to do anything significant.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL.
"current form"??

since FO how many titles does nadal win? 1 right? on *clay*.
Does he get to *any* final on HC? (except today)
Two questions:

1.) How many titles has Nalbandian won since the FO?

2.) How does your answer to #1 relate to his current form?

See, current=current

What you said is exactly the point. *Today* Nadal is in the final of a huge, non-clay event, on a surface similar to TMC (i know it's slower), and *today* Federer is looking back to two straight losses, not on clay, to the same player.

Those unusual events tell a story, my friend, and if you've seen Nadal's matches in Paris, you know that I'm not just speaking about results, but also about his on-court performance.

But Nadal being favored over Fed is just my opinion. That's how I, as a rafatard, see the results of late playing out. Plus, when they met last year Nadal was in the center of the Sahara results-wise, and he *still* gave Federer a tough match. The truth is, no matter how he's playing, Nadal is a bad, bad, bad match-up for Fed. So, it's all the more trouble when he gets to that match *and* happens to be playing very well.

And I know Federer's form isn't terrible, but, results-wise, it is most-definitely a couple of notches below where it was last year.

Reactions: Mimi and jenanun

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
And I know Federer's form isn't terrible, but, results-wise, it is most-definitely a couple of notches below where it was last year.
he won Madrid and Basel last year
he made final in Madrid and won basel this year

not a big difference

that's another story if he's stupid enough to not understand that he shouldnt have played Paris
tell me a player that made the final in 3 consecutive weeks in the last few years. There could be 1 or 2 but I dont remember any

·
Banned
73 Posts
I would love to see him take the spot, or someone like Nalbandian beat him in a major. He would probably have another mental breakdown like he did after getting beaten by canas, and be ruined for a few months again :lol:

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Ackms, Nadal will get owned by Bandy once again... He's faced a bunch of nobodies in Paris so far (+ Paris is indoor blue clay), had he drawn Nalbandian in R2 he would be resting in Manacor by now :)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
he won Madrid and Basel last year
he made final in Madrid and won basel this year

not a big difference

that's another story if he's stupid enough to not understand that he shouldnt have played Paris
tell me a player that made the final in 3 consecutive weeks in the last few years. There could be 1 or 2 but I dont remember any
Impressive results for player X, but not for Federer. Do you honestly believe he'd have lost to Nalbandian *twice* last year at this time--no matter how well Nalbandian was playing?

Come on now...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts