Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 W and 2021 W, that's it, after that it's game over!! I don't see him winning any more AOs, FOs, or USOs... This means it's W or bust for Rogie, in 2020 especially and also perhaps in 2021, after that if he wants to play in 2022 and beyond, only for smaller titles because he'll be over 40 then!! Your thoughts??

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like the other he either cannot stay healthy enough (i.e. epsecially USO or even AO somewhat) or else he had no real chance to begin with (FO)!! W is his only true chance left for another grand slam title or 2 (2020 AND 2021)!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd love to see Fed get #21 but I don't see it. He just doesn't seem to be able to physically survive BO5 matches anymore. Maybe if he skips the clay court season and gets a very easy draw it's possible but a lot of stars would have to align.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Considering he held 2 match points in the 2019 Wimbledon F, I still believe he has 1-2 more years to pull it off at W, if not, then 2018 AO was the last one at 36.5!!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
He should probs skip clay season and he should have a good shot at Wimby this year but this may be his last chance as idk about 2021.

·
Registered
21,805 Posts
2020 W and 2021 W, that's it, after that it's game over!! I don't see him winning any more AOs, FOs, or USOs... This means it's W or bust for Rogie
No, it's bust or bust for Federer, there is no 3rd option, even if it pains you to acknowledge.
He won't win any more slams, 40-15 was his last chance. He blew it, then accepted it.
He can joke around that he'll try, but so many circumstances would be needed.
Djokovic won't go away at least for 3 seasons for Wimbledon, and he won't try his hardest for the clay season either... just to be fresh for Wimbledon.

Reactions: skytennis

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Not Wimbledon. Only if Novak disappears with injury. Last year’s Wimbledon, Novak was being a terribly nervous wimp and gave Fed hope. It was a big joke, like 2010-2011 us opens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
im a roger hater, but i think he has a chance to win any GS he enters. he just needs a favorable draw and djoker or nadal to get upset in the early rounds.

·
Premium Member
ИДЕМО НОЛЕ
10,698 Posts
Obviously you sound right as his latest digest shows WImbledon is his best Slam.

That said Grass is a tricky surface where some matches can turn bad fast even if course Bo5 is more securing and he need to be 100% fit at that particular fortnight which is unpredictible at 35+.

Another problem is that 40-15 memories which can affect him, but that would mean he is facing Nole again AND Nole has not reached SF for granted as grass is a tricky surface.

IMO, medium fast low bounce AO Greenset is another opportunity for him in 2021, if not wasting his energy in South American Exho and trying to prepare on same surface ATP Cup.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Considering he held 2 match points in the 2019 Wimbledon F, I still believe he has 1-2 more years to pull it off at W, if not, then 2018 AO was the last one at 36.5!!
He may have already won his last slam. However, the fact that he had championship points at last year's Wimbledon, everyone should wait to see how he does at this year's Wimbledon. If he does not win this year's Wimbledon, it is over.

Wimbledon is his only chance. He does not have the physical ability to win AO, FO, and USO; maybe, he will make it to SFs, max., at these three slams, that's all.

Rogie can still win a HC slam. I mean he only lost to Djokovic this AO, while leading 4-1 and not even being fully well. Remove Djokovic and there's no one else he can't win against. That is if he keeps his form up until USO or the next AO.
You conveniently forgot that he had a close shave against Millman and Sandgren in AO. He did not win a set vs. Djokovic in AO SF. He lost to Dimitrov in USO. He does not have a chance in FO.

Obviously, Djokovic is his nemesis. But, he can lose to anyone, including Rafa. Except at Wimblebon, Rafa will defeat Federer the next time he plays at AO, FO, and USO, IMO.

Reactions: skytennis

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
People underestimate the amount of Fraud's luck. I never rest easy until Fraud is eliminated from the tournament, even nowadays. Not only he did vulture the weakest era of all time, but he's still around to vulture in case Djokovic stumbles (as he did in 17-18). Capitalizing on disgusting chokes like Millman/Sandgren.

We all know Thiem would have choked in the final with the crowd fully behind Fraud. The home crowd rooting against their player in Millman was one of the most disgusting scenes I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
We have been hearing this for a decade now, as long as federer keeps reaching semis and finals frequently he can still win slams.

Reactions: steni and Chicot

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Rogie could very well win at indoor RG
I mean he made SF last year
If he could somehow face Londero or Cecchinatto this year in SF, he could give his all in a rainy final under the roof vs a resurging Murray or Tsonga

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Federer has better chances now, in every single slam, than he had in 2014 and 2015 when he was playing much better.

Djokovic just isn't what he used to be.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Rogie could very well win at indoor RG
I mean he made SF last year
If he could somehow face Londero or Cecchinatto this year in SF, he could give his all in a rainy final under the roof vs a resurging Murray or Tsonga
U have the most 'epic' posts & the avatar is a dead ringer of Fed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fed still has a chance at Wimby this year, but he needs things to go perfectly imo and see how the draw pans out. He can't be written off at Wimbledon when he's won more titles than anyone and should have won last year.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts