Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
when you think it can't be any worse, MTF delivers again. measure somebody's game based on match against Polansky is high quality stuff. keep it up guys, for your posts, in moments of biggest delusion Simon Reed is still tennis guru

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think the most likely outcome is that he radically changed his groundstrokes after what was likely 25 years of hitting them the same.

The possibility exists that he hadn't played in almost a month, was extremely well rested, and played an opponent who was comparatively atrocious, thus inflating the perception of his game.

However, I'm still going with the radical over-tool of his game at 33, coming off a grand slam final.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think the most likely outcome is that he radically changed his groundstrokes after what was likely 25 years of hitting them the same.

The possibility exists that he hadn't played in almost a month, was extremely well rested, and played an opponent who was comparatively atrocious, thus inflating the perception of his game.

However, I'm still going with the radical over-tool of his game at 33, coming off a grand slam final.
;)

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
In his first round he played an opponent that was basically hitting feeders to him all match...

His groundstrokes didn't look any different from usual 2014 standard against Cilic imo.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Still error prone...

if he start hitting backhand winners and game changing defense shots he is dominating slams again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts