Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure what the best match he ever played in has been debated throughout this board, but I'm curious as to which match he played his best, regardless of the form of the other player. Murray's beat down of Nadal where he said it was the best he's ever played made me wonder what match Federer would have felt that way about.

I love watching him when his game is on, so I'm curious what match or matches really stand out in your mind.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I'm sure what the best match he ever played in has been debated throughout this board, but I'm curious as to which match he played his best, regardless of the form of the other player. Murray's beat down of Nadal where he said it was the best he's ever played made me wonder what match Federer would have felt that way about.

I love watching him when his game is on, so I'm curious what match or matches really stand out in your mind.
That USO final where he cruelly beat Agassi, denying him his Sampras Swansong moment in the sun in front of the American crowd- one of the few times the crowd was solidly for his opponent during a final.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
RG 2008 final :rocker2:

The Swiss warrior gave it his all.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
It's hard to say. Simply because whenever he is in a tough match that he wins, he plays poorly mostly but comes up with clutch play, but when it's an easy match he plays in god mode. I only like watching Federer aesthetically so...

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
2002 AO 4th Round.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
2007 AO semi against Andy Roddick, that was a beatdown of the highest order!!!, that was vintage Peakerer :worship:

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
The 2009 French Open final was Federer who served his best on clay .He really played great in that match and with what was on the line ,I have to agree with Topspin Doctor ,that was his best performance and the way he pulled out the win was great with all that pressure

But if you ignore that then its the match with roddick at the Ao semi

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
2007 AO semi against Andy Roddick, that was a beatdown of the highest order!!!, that was vintage Peakerer :worship:
+1

If not the best, for sure one of the best i saw from him

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Me, the registered User, :p, says Do you mean federers greatest match in winning or losing?

If it doesnt matter then it has to be Federer v Safin in 2005 AO SF. That was the peak Federer at peak most form and he was beaten by the Safinator.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Against Gaudio in the YEC.. To beat such a good player (altough not his surface).. But 60 60!!!

to bad he don't play so aggressive anymore :(

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
The last two sets of the 2004 AO 4th round against Hewitt and 2004 USO Final against Hewitt. Some of the best tennis I've seen Fed play.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
1st set against Hewitt at the 2004 US Open final.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Me, the registered User, :p, says Do you mean federers greatest match in winning or losing?

If it doesnt matter then it has to be Federer v Safin in 2005 AO SF. That was the peak Federer at peak most form and he was beaten by the Safinator.
When will people stop with this bullshit?

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts

Great match. Definitely not Fed's greatest though, he's played better on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Federer vs. Blake Master Cup 2006 for me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts