Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today he won his 18th consecutive grass court semi-final. His overall record is 18-2; the two losses being incurred in his first two semi-finals on the surface ('s-Hertogenbosch '01 to Hewitt, Halle '02 to Kiefer).

·
Registered
904 Posts
Impressive as always from the GOAT.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Today he won his 18th consecutive grass court semi-final. His overall record is 18-2; the two losses being incurred in his first two semi-finals on the surface ('s-Hertogenbosch '01 to Hewitt, Halle '02 to Kiefer).
I heard his SF record at Wimbledon is very impressive, he only lost a set once(Djokovic)? if I'm not wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I heard his SF record at Wimbledon is very impressive, he only lost a set once(Djokovic)? if I'm not wrong.
Yes, that is correct. Closest were the five people who took him to a tiebreak (Roddick, Grosjean, Hewitt, Safin, Haas), but none of them managed to win the set.

·
23,064 Posts
Whoa. Impressive. No fuss for Federer it seems when in SF on Grass.

Closest were the five people who took him to a tiebreak (Roddick, Grosjean, Hewitt, Safin, Haas)
Add Nishikori now on that list. :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Nothing close to the real GOAT on his favorite surface.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Aren't 10 of these 18 at an ATP 250 event Halle?

LOL. Fraud.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

LOL. Fraud.
And aside from Wimbledon, where would he get his SF streak? :rolleyes:

Halle is way more prestigious than muggy tournaments like Barcelona for isntance :spit:

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
Bye to fed success at Wimbledon.

Kei should be ashamed of choking in another set against fedal...
4-2 tiebreak lead against the forgetful clown. Too happy to bend over.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

LOL. Fraud.
No, 9 are (+8 at Wimbledon, +1 at Olympics '12).

It would be lovely if there were some Masters series on grass. Certainly Halle and Queens are both high quality tournaments, far more prestigious than their 250 (or even soon to be 500) status would indicate.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing close to the real GOAT on his favorite surface.
Both are undefeated in semi-finals on their best surface for 10+ years. Of course, there are a lot fewer events on grass, and we can only speculate how dominant Federer might have been over a longer grass season. Certainly he would not have been the force Rafa has been on clay (93% winning percentage), but still I think he would have been incredibly potent - with only the best of the best (Rafa, Murray) being able to occasionally triumph over him.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Incredible stat.

If there was a longer grass season, this stat would be even more huge.

Amazing.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Lets hope we get Fedal half at Wimbledon then. Unfortunately Federer-Djokovic and Murray-Nadal halves are pretty much NID at this point.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Another pointless record. Even Novak Wozniacki has a good slam semi-final streak, explaining his successive runner-up

1 - 20 of 43 Posts