Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, i think i've found a slight chink in the veritable armor of Roger's game.

If you notice, against power hitters, in any rally longer than say, 5 shots, he will, especially on his backhand side, finesse the ball to an open spot on the court. I have noticed that he uses this tactic constantly when playing Andy Roddick, and when he lost to Rafael Nadal, he used it unsuccessfully. If the players on tour knew that for every long er rally they got into, that they could expect a shorter, softer ball in about 5 shots, i think Federer's loss column would build up quite considerably. Look at some of the men on the tour who are power hitters, and whom have come close, or even beaten him. Andy Roddick, Nadal, Safin, not so much Blake, he turns it up every now and then, even Agassi at this age, although his movement isnt what it used to be and even with the anticipation of the shorter ball, might not be able to capitalize, Nalbandian. If these guys could anticipate when that soft ball in the midst of the barrage was coming, they could most likely take control and finish the point before Roger, which he is so adept at doing.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Hello :D :retard: :bigwave: :smooch:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts