Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think when historians will look back at 2005-2007, they will realize how great Nadal was and not hold it against Fed for failing to win those 3 matches. I definitely don't. Nadal is such a monster on clay that it will take a truly all-time special performance for Fed to break Nadal's career undefeated streak in best-of-5 clay matches. But if ANYONE can pull it off, it's Fed. After all, who could've believed anyone could possibly win 3 slams 3 times? Fed is used to breaking records and pulling off the unthinkable. Will it finally happen this June? We'll see.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
We've already got a Federer and RG thread.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
It will not happen this year. If it didn't happen last few years when Federer played much better, it will not happen this year when he plays totally average. Unless he is really saving freshness for clay season.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will not happen this year. If it didn't happen last few years when Federer played much better, it will not happen this year when he plays totally average. Unless he is really saving freshness for clay season.
I agree that the next few weeks will tell everyone if Fed is ready to still contend for the French. Unlike some others who say he doesn't have to do well at Monte Carlo & Rome, I think he HAS to win one of them(vs Nadal) to prove to himself that he can beat Nadal on the type of red clay that is featured at Roland Garros. Of course, even beating Nadal in a best-of-3 at Monte Carlo doesn't mean anything, unless he does it straight sets.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course first things first, Fed better take the Miami title to have the confidence heading into clay season.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hmmm. Didn't Federer win Hamburg against Nadal to prove himself he beat Nadal on clay? It didn't help.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm. Didn't Federer win Hamburg against Nadal to prove himself he beat Nadal on clay? It didn't help.
I think it's more important to win Monte Carlo then Hamburg. The winner of MC usually wins Roland Garros.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Hamburg clay is different, with a lower bounce, which helps Roger. But still stopping Nadal's streak on clay was a huge achievement for Roger.
The good thing is that he's gonna have to prove he's still the best and for that he needs to win titles. It's gonna be a great clay season...

·
Registered
206 Posts
is there actually a correlation between MC and RG?

apart from Nadal, who else has won both of them in the same year? (i'm not history expert)

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Lame thread.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
apart from Nadal, who else has won both of them in the same year? (i'm not history expert)
Ferrero, Moya, Muster come to my mind without thinking, there must be many more...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I think Federer can beat Nadal at Roland Garros. It's not like only "god" can beat Nadal, it all depends on day form.

·
Banned
220 Posts
never will happen

·
Banned
220 Posts
nadal for the french

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Who thought Nadal could be a 2 time wimbledon finalist? Of course hes closer to winning the french then Nadal is to Wimbledon. I wouldnt be surprised.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts