Mens Tennis Forums banner

Federer's 'beautiful all court game' disappeared, do you still enjoy watching him?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of his fans fell in love with Federer because of his 'beautiful all court game' with a lot of variety. However, Federer's game in the current day and age SOLELY revolves around his serve and he is absolutely useless off the ground, so surely those people don't enjoy watching him any longer? Think carefully, you don't want to come across as a hypocritical gloryhunter!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Chris on a nerd rage. Expected. A true fan will support Olderer now matter how long his game fall apart.

I will support him even if he needs to play futures qualifying rounds.

Of course a lot of fake fans will insult him now and haters like you can enjoy that spectacle

:wavey:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Totally. And I love him.
I don't stop enjoying only because he gets old and weak, who does that? You don't stop loving someone because he's getting old and less beautiful.

And anyway, he played a lot of great matches this season.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris on a nerd rage. Expected. A true fan will support Olderer now matte how long has his game fall apart.

I will support him even if he needs to play futures qualifying rounds.

Of course a lot of fake fans will insult him now and haters like you can enjoy that spectacle

:wavey:
Stage one thinking©, if Ferrer grew 15 inches and turned into a servebot I wouldn't support him any longer. What you're describing is EXACTLY how a gloryhunter thinks.

·
Registered
482 Posts
As I said yesterday Federer can't beat Tsonga when Jo is in top form. He just can't, he isn't good enough.

I can only laugh at all the people who claim Fed has such a beautiful game to watch. What is beautiful about a guy dancing around the court shanking balls into the net? There is nothing pretty about a guy slapping error after error all over the place.

Federer need to watch and learn from Nadal. You would never see Nadal hit 70 errors in a tennis match. You just wouldn't. Nadal is a smart player. He plays consistent tennis. That's how you beat the top guys.

If a match is close and Fed is facing someone like Nadal, Novak or Tsonga you already know he is going to slap four errors at the most crucial time and lose.

Just another reason why Fed will never beat the GOAT.

Nadal is the GOAT. No doubt about that.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Still 1000 times more appreciable than the moonballer

·
Registered
767 Posts
i will always be a fan but i rarely enjoy his matches these times, an UE machine

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I don't enjoy watching him as much but I will still support him. I am watching most of his matches in hopes that I could catch a glimpse of Peakerer, it's always an honor to watch.

·
Registered
221 Posts
thing is, I don't believe personally that anyone has ever had tbe natural flare Federer has and at times you can still see it - Just an effortless touch. But mostly nowadays he just seems constantly frustrated that he isn't what he once was. Age sucks, fed.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Stage one thinking©, if Ferrer grew 15 inches and turned into a servebot I wouldn't support him any longer. What you're describing is EXACTLY how a gloryhunter thinks.
What? :confused:

Gloryhunters are supporting Djokovic or Nadal these days.

Where are the Ferrertards we ahve in here in 2012 by the way?

These people are gloryhunters, I follow Olderer since 2003 and I will continue with until the end. I don`t like his personality, I don`t follow his personal life and I am not a tard or a Player`s forum follower of the Swiss.

And I`ve never deny he depends on serve, like a lot of all time greats. I still think his ground game could be saved if he gets a new approach. Tommy Haas is the player he has to follow about how to have good groundstrokes desptie of age

·
Registered
863 Posts
Honestly I've never enjoyed him more. I think this is his true peak, its just that the level of competition is way higher now. this Federer would be that younger Fed 3 out of 5 times IF he had the mobility, speed, and footwork of yesteryear years Fed....imo.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Still has beautiful movement, net play, serve, forehand (even if it's less consistent and explosive).

Olderer at 33 years old and 30% of his capabilities is still the #1 player fans come out to watch, and for good reason :worship:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Honestly I've never enjoyed him more. I think this is his true peak, its just that the level of competition is way higher now. this Federer would be that younger Fed 3 out of 5 times IF he had the mobility, speed, and footwork of yesteryear years Fed....imo.
This post makes no sense. At all...

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Tsonga, Divatrov, Raonic, Feliciano López and Olderer are proof of the strength of the competition, yes. Veterans, clueless or talentless "youngsters".

The only two forces right now are Nadal and Djokovic and that`s all.

Even blind people can see how tennis is dying with the lack of talent from the late eighties and nineties generations

1 - 20 of 110 Posts