Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis Stats ‏@TennisStatistic

Interesting. Asked if he'd prefer to be year end No1 OR win another Grand Slam, Roger Federer opted for year end No1! #Federer #ATP
:haha::haha::haha:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
:lol: Maybe he misunderstood and thought they asked what's more likely :p

·
11,055 Posts
Sky Sports Fan Question: Federer, choose one: Getting back to #1 or winning a GS?

Federer was pretty bewildered by this question. Incredibly so.

gifs upload

Obviously this was a fan question and the response should not be taken too seriously but he said:

*Federer ponders question and looks bewildered*

"Uhh I would want to win.....[Changes response].....To be World Number 1. The feeling of being world number one is unlike any other and I would love to be at the top of the game again"

The obvious answer would be to "Win Another Slam", but his PR instincts kicked in and he went for the more safe answer of "Being #1 again".

I think his response was PR driven, but do you think it is possible that he would rather be at number 1 than win another grand slam?

I would tend to answer my question with a big fat No. But who knows :shrug:?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Maybe because he knows deep down that his last chances were in Wimbledon and the US Open without having to face Novak and Rafa especially in new York. He knows that the masters 1000 events are there for the taking but in best of five he is not in the same ballpark and Novak and rafa .

·
Administrator
6,160 Posts
To be honest players always just say they would prefer whatever achievement is possible / likely at the time.

If he had not got many points all year but was in a Wimbledon final, does anyone think he would say he'd prefer to get back to #1 at the end of the year than win Wimbledon?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Chris Kuerten would rather keep breaking World Record of stupidity than shut up.

Reactions: Xoil and Jagerbomb

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Re: Sky Sports Fan Question: Federer, choose one: Getting back to #1 or winning a GS?

He's bullshitting, for whatever reason, without a doubt.

·
11,055 Posts
Like I said, PR driven response.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
The world number 1 status is by far a more elusive title and the grand slam champion one. Very understandable considering he's already the goat when it comes to slams.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Time for one of my typical posts... You kids should think before you post... Irrespective of whether he was confused by the question or not, N1 is clearly more valuable and prestigious to have, at least at his age and under the current conditions of the tour...

There is luck involved in winning a slam as the results from the current year suggest. So, most of you should go to bed...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Seemed to me that unlike the tards, Federer doesn't give any of this stuff much thought.

He clearly didn't have a stock answer or feel strongly either way judging by the way he changed his mind midway through his answer.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Seemed to me that unlike the tards, Federer doesn't give any of this stuff much thought.
:haha: I will bet you a million dollars that he thinks about his H2H with Nadal every time he goes to sleep

Reactions: tribalfusion
1 - 20 of 155 Posts