Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
1) There are significantly 'less' left handed players on tour than there are right handed players. Obvious point, right? You acknowledge this? Could we make a fair estimate of about 10:2? 10 righties for every 2 lefties? I think that's fair. This clearly indicates the probability of there being a world class left-hander on tour, less than there is the probability of there is of there being a world class right hander on tour.

2) With my first point in mind. Howmany real quality, top left-handed players are there on tour? At this moment in time? Can you think of many? I can't and I know every player inside the world's top 200 rankings.

3) He regularly struggles with Alejandro Falla, whom ironically enough is ranked almost 50-60 places below Nadal, but is also left-handed.

4) I agree the problem is not left-handers, but you cannot say the fact Nadal is playing tennis with a lefties game 'does not' serve him perks/advantages over Federer in-terms of a match-up, not when you compare this to the scenario of Nadal being 'right handed'. You simply cannot. The most reliable, go to shot for Nadal is the cross-court forehand from the advantage court, especially when under-pressure. As we know going cross-court gives a player much more margin-for-error, going up-the-line requires more precision. So imagining a scenario where Nadal is right handed for a minute or two, can you imagine the patterns of play which would allow and enable Nadal to get his forehand whipped into Federer's backhand? Possibly? But would it be as easier and thus as frequent? Undoubtedly not. He would find it drastically harder to expose Federer's single handed backhand and the nature of points and rallies youd find would start to be played more on Federer's terms, not Nadal's. Mostly I mean ofcourse. As Federer is the front-foot player and Federer is the one stepping inside the baseline. How can I prove to you he would struggle in finding Federer's single hander if he was right handed? Well the answer is to look at his match-up with Djokovic. Nadals. How long did it take Rafa to adapt his game and have a new pattern of play which he could go to to find himself more successful against Novak? Quite a while and even still he finds trouble executing it. The 'forehand up-the-line' from the advantage court. Djokovic's backhand cross-court was giving Rafa nothing to work off interms of drawing short-length shots to eat up, it was infact ofcourse actually playing into Djokovic's strength (Hands) and it meant Novak could easily get the ball onto Nadal's mediocre backhand ASAP. Even still Nadal struggles to hit his forehand' up-the-line' from the advantage side of the court and therefore that suggests to me, Nadal as a right hander, would struggle also to do the same. Essentially this suggests Federer would be playing a hell of a lot more forehands than backhands, than he currently is now versus Nadal as a lefty. I'm not saying he would fail at being able to expose Roger's backhand, however it would never ever be equal to the same onslaught he manages with his left hand. Therefore Nadal is not 'just' the problem. Having a single handed backhand in today's modern game is.

5) Sorry to derail your attempt at trolling Fed-tards for 10+ pages. :yeah:

·
Registered
57,595 Posts
There are an unusually low number of good leftys right now, Nadal aside. Only Verdasco and briefly Melzer (who DID beat Federer when he was top 10) have been any good in the last few years. Currently the #2 lefty is world #24

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Just goes to show what a bad match up Nadal is for him :yeah:
Being a lefty has many perks for him in the match-up between him and federer.

If you use those stupid stats to believe otherwise then you're having a laugh mate. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
There are an unusually low number of good leftys right now, Nadal aside. Only Verdasco and briefly Melzer (who DID beat Federer when he was top 10) have been any good in the last few years. Currently the #2 lefty is world #24
If the tour was packed with atleast 30% of it's players being lefties, then may be those stats would have a leg to stand on, however atm, they haven't got the usage of a crutch to help them stable.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
But if 13% of male population are lefty and they have so many advantages above right-handers in tennis, how is this possible? :confused:

Plus the stats of the OP are refereed to all Federer's career, I guess, not about this year.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
But if 13% of male population are lefty and they have so many advantages above right-handers in tennis, how is this possible? :confused:
lol this is just :facepalm:

Are you trolling or do you seriously/genuinely need this explained to you Kiedis?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
First mild ejaculation from NadalRecord, hope he'll go wild as Wimbledon goes.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Definitely you should try.
Think I'll pass after last time. Not gonna waste burning anymore of these valuable carbs on you sweetheart.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
1) There are significantly 'less' left handed players on tour than there are right handed players. Obvious point, right? You acknowledge this? Could we make a fair estimate of about 10:2? 10 righties for every 2 lefties? I think that's fair. This clearly indicates the probability of there being a world class left-hander on tour, less than there is the probability of there is of there being a world class right hander on tour.

2) With my first point in mind. Howmany real quality, top left-handed players are there on tour? At this moment in time? Can you think of many? I can't and I know every player inside the world's top 200 rankings.

3) He regularly struggles with Alejandro Falla, whom ironically enough is ranked almost 50-60 places below Nadal, but is also left-handed.

4) I agree the problem is not left-handers, but you cannot say the fact Nadal is playing tennis with a lefties game 'does not' serve him perks/advantages over Federer in-terms of a match-up, not when you compare this to the scenario of Nadal being 'right handed'. You simply cannot. The most reliable, go to shot for Nadal is the cross-court forehand from the advantage court, especially when under-pressure. As we know going cross-court gives a player much more margin-for-error, going up-the-line requires more precision. So imagining a scenario where Nadal is right handed for a minute or two, can you imagine the patterns of play which would allow and enable Nadal to get his forehand whipped into Federer's backhand? Possibly? But would it be as easier and thus as frequent? Undoubtedly not. He would find it drastically harder to expose Federer's single handed backhand and the nature of points and rallies youd find would start to be played more on Federer's terms, not Nadal's. Mostly I mean ofcourse. As Federer is the front-foot player and Federer is the one stepping inside the baseline. How can I prove to you he would struggle in finding Federer's single hander if he was right handed? Well the answer is to look at his match-up with Djokovic. Nadals. How long did it take Rafa to adapt his game and have a new pattern of play which he could go to to find himself more successful against Novak? Quite a while and even still he finds trouble executing it. The 'forehand up-the-line' from the advantage court. Djokovic's backhand cross-court was giving Rafa nothing to work off interms of drawing short-length shots to eat up, it was infact ofcourse actually playing into Djokovic's strength (Hands) and it meant Novak could easily get the ball onto Nadal's mediocre backhand ASAP. Even still Nadal struggles to hit his forehand' up-the-line' from the advantage side of the court and therefore that suggests to me, Nadal as a right hander, would struggle also to do the same. Essentially this suggests Federer would be playing a hell of a lot more forehands than backhands, than he currently is now versus Nadal as a lefty. I'm not saying he would fail at being able to expose Roger's backhand, however it would never ever be equal to the same onslaught he manages with his left hand. Therefore Nadal is not 'just' the problem. Having a single handed backhand in today's modern game is.

Nice post mate but don't expect any objective discussion with Nadalrecord. It's waste of time, simply you're feeding troll. By the way you dismantled NR again, hope clown don't embarrass himself again.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

Excellent Post. NADALRECORD should find out how many 'good' lefties are there on tour as compared to righties.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Excellent Post. NADALRECORD should find out how many 'good' lefties are there on tour as compared to righties.
Remember when Djokovic was at his up-most best? Backhand flowing and everything?

This is what happens when Nadal plays his forehands into Novak's strength and Novak is not breaking down mentally like a little school-girl in a fun-fair after her daddy refuses to buy her candy-floss for it being too sweet.

Just watch it, all of it.

Now can you imagine Nadal playing most his forehands into Federer's forehands? What would be the outcome? We'd ultimately get a much tighter contest.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Remember when Djokovic was at his up-most best? Backhand flowing and everything?

This is what happens when Nadal plays almost all his forehands into Novak's strength when Novak is not breaking down mentally like a little school-girl.

Just watch, all of it.

Now can you imagine Nadal playing all his forehands into Federer's forehands? What would be the outcome? We'd ultimately get a much tight contest.
Yeah i understand that it is purely hypothetical as Nadal fans would claim but you will notice when Nadal plays a decent lefty say Verdasco or even Klizan he doesn't go on his endless CC rallies to their forehands like he does against a righty's backhand. I have even seen Verdasco out rallying Nadal with his forehand at times.

Nadal invariably has to play a harder match against lefties from a tactical standpoint where his typical pattern doesn't work well and he trying to be more aggressive with a different gameplan. So i think if both Federer and Nadal used the same hand we'd get much tighter matches and no match up problem as such for Federer.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Think I'll pass after last time. Not gonna waste burning anymore of these valuable carbs on you sweetheart.
You simply don't have any response to that more that your usual and useless chit-chat. If lefties would have a significant advantage over right-handers they should be at least the 20% of top 100 when the truth is they are underrepresented. In the far past there were great lefty champions, but it has been a long time since we have another one.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Yeah i understand that it is purely hypothetical as Nadal fans would claim but you will notice when Nadal plays a decent lefty say Verdasco or even Klizan he doesn't go on his endless CC rallies to their forehands like he does against a righty's backhand. I have even seen Verdasco out rallying Nadal with his forehand at times.

Nadal invariably has to play a harder match against lefties from a tactical standpoint where his typical pattern doesn't work well and he trying to be more aggressive with a different gameplan. So i think if both Federer and Nadal used the same hand we'd get much tighter matches and no match up problem as such for Federer.
Pretty much yeah. :thumbs:

It's just a shame Federer never learned to player double handed too. :(

(I'm not a fed-tard, but I want to see better matches between these too)

Who knows how they'll matchup come the semi-finals at Wimbledon. You'll have to think it will be closer than on clay and hard-courts, but I am not holding my breathe. :(

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Being a lefty has many perks for him in the match-up between him and federer.

If you use those stupid stats to believe otherwise then you're having a laugh mate. :rolleyes:
What are you talking about old sport? I'm taking Federer's side.

Wow, yet another double account for MULTIPLEACOUNTRECORD? What is it now, #53? These mods :lol:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts