Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JesusFed will show up, he has too much variation in his tennis and will have an insane run at next AO, more so if it is postponed to April (which is highly likely)

Go champ take it.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Lets have a draw first before getting excited. But sure i miss Federer. But be prepared Fedtarts. If he doesnt win or get consistant wins ( not titles) this could be his last season.
He is coming back from a long layoff. And he is almost 40. And the Top10 is getting younger not older.
He could of lost a step. And thats fine but if he lost 2 steps then this could be bad.
But i think he gets a decent season and retires in 2022.

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Too many players who are good these days, he'd have to get through a combination of Thiem, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Zverev, Nadal & Djokovic. I can't see him having the fitness at his age to do that.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
It would be great!

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
i mean, i´d be surprised if he made it to the semifinals

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too many players who are good these days, he'd have to get through a combination of Thiem, Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Zverev, Nadal & Djokovic. I can't see him having the fitness at his age to do that.
Not Nadal or Djokovic.. they are in current mental state that could be 6-0 6-0 5-0 40-0 and manage somewhat to lose..

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well, if Federer after almost a year of absence, after 2 operations and around his 40s, returns to an elite level, imo, it won't be before Wimbledon, if it has to be.

Nothing to report for the AO in my opinion, except gradual resumption of contact with the competition.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
What about "young players winning would be great for tennis"? Young players, unless we talk about 40yo Fossilrer?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well, if Federer after almost a year of absence, after 2 operations and around his 40s, returns to an elite level, imo, it won't be before Wimbledon, if it has to be.

Nothing to report for the AO in my opinion, except gradual resumption of contact with the competition.
He is already training on the court. So he has to be fine by AO. It's not Djokovic-18 type of comeback, when Novak jumped into the tournament grind right from the operating table

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Nothing would make me laugh harder if his first 2 rounds go like this.

Round 1: vs Tennys Sandgren
Round 2: vs John Millman

... Those 2 would still hate his guts and wouldn't let him leave the arena the victor this time ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
He is already training on the court. So he has to be fine by AO. It's not Djokovic-18 type of comeback, when Novak jumped into the tournament grind right from the operating table
Yep and I specified 2 operations, almost 40, of course, not 31 Djokovic 2018.

Otherwise, I saw him more on videochat, smiling it is true, than on the court, where he does not exceed 2 hours of training.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
That's very bold indeed! While I do not know if the Swiss Maestro will win Australia, he cannot be counted out, that's for sure. If anyone has the talent to come back from not having played in a year to win a slam right away, it is this legend right here.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
That's very bold indeed! While I do not know if the Swiss Maestro will win Australia, he cannot be counted out, that's for sure. If anyone has the talent to come back from not having played in a year to win a slam right away, it is this legend right here.
Jaw Drop Shocked GIF - JawDrop Shocked Surprised - Discover & Share GIFs in  2020 | Shocked face meme, Funny gif, Shocked face

1 - 20 of 45 Posts