# Consecutive Grand Slam Tournaments Played = 49

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
he's falling behind in retirements :wavey:

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Great achievement for him, I hope Del Po sends him packing though, we all know Fed will piss the bed against Nadull while Del Po may not.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Great achievement for him, I hope Del Po sends him packing though, we all know Fed will piss the bed against Nadull while Del Po may not.
At the this point though, I think Federer would be better against Nadal than Del Potro. I still don't think Del Potro is strong enough mentally to take out Nadal. We saw his matches last year and some of the old strengths against Nadal were back, however, he just couldn't pull it off consistently for an entire match. Federer may certainly be high on confidence and he has plenty of room to improve. I think if he beats Del Potro and meets Nadal, he will much more ready than he was last year in Australia when he met Djokovic. He didn't make the mistake of peaking too early yet as IMO he has gradually gotten better and better with each match unlike last year where he had the form of his life in Doha and then he consecutively got worse after each match in Australia.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Hopefully he retires softly into the night, resting on his laurel and gracefully accepting his fate.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Great. Now we need a time machine.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Its an amazing achievement even if Fed says he doesnt feel it that special because of how many doubles and challengers and all he has played. It shows how long the guy has been around and its testimony to his physical and mental strength that he still competes at such a high level.
I doubt if we will see Djokovic or Murray or even Nadal reach this milestone.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
nice to see nadal fans are still void of imagination - the reasons we called him Nadull is because he has an L in his name ...work with the name FEDERER or ROGER... MORONS!!
:rolls:

Who invented this namecalling rule and where can we find the rulebook? You call him Nadull because he has an L in his name? :spit:
While you're at it, Rafael Nadal doesn't have a "u" in it so Nadull doesn't fit either. :hug:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
:rolls:

Who invented this namecalling rule and where can we find the rulebook? You call him Nadull because he has an L in his name? :spit:
While you're at it, Rafael Nadal doesn't have a "u" in it so Nadull doesn't fit either. :hug:
Its called a word-play you take a name alter a letter or two turning into satirised word phrase - but the sound of the name remains similar - so Tony Blair becomes Tony Bliar calling George Bush - George Bulair would be :cuckoo: as is Fedul because it sounds nothing like his name…the best I’ve seen for Federer is Fed-error ..
I'll stop debating with the linguistically challenged

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Its called a word-play you take a name alter a letter or two turning into satirised word phrase - but the sound of the name remains similiar - so Tony Blair becomes Tony Bliar calling George Bush - George Bulair would be :cuckoo: as is Fedul because it sounds nothing like his name…the best I’ve seen for Federer is Fed-error ..
May I suggest taking up a hobby instead of lecturing others on nicknames?

Namecalling isn't a sport with a set of rules written in stone.

I'll stop debating with the linguistically challenged
:lol: A nice patronising touch. :hatoff:
I take it that it takes special linguistic skills to call people "morons" for a silly nickname that isn't up to your taste and linguistic level so let's not debate over it, no. :hug:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts