Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bud Collins has spoken:

But here is Federer, who has played in 10 consecutive major finals (winning eight) since that 2005 loss to Safin. Nobody has done that before. Creeping up on the record of Pete Sampras of 14 major singles, Federer has 12. So his stomach was upset? It will take more than that to upset the Lord of the Swings. He's in the business of making the other guys feel queasy.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22614066/page/2/

I guess it's going to have to wait, Rog.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Really unfortunate news for Federer. :lol:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
This is terrible news for Roger, but let's not forget that Collins made a similar prediction before the US Open only to miraculously CHANGE his prediction before the final, where he chose to lift the lethal spell from Federers shoulders and put it on poor Djokovic instead. Fed can only pray that something similar will happen this time around, or it's all over. Noone, not even the GOAT, escapes the Bud Collins curse. It can't be done.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Well, the most awaited of all predictions has finally come:lol: Sorry about that Fed

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Can someone give me Bud Collins' picks for the last few years that Federer has been dominant? He had to have gotten one right.

I know last year was Gonzalez (?), Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nalbandian is overrated and who the hell is bud colin
Possibly, the worst tennis analyst when it comes to predicting Slam winners. He's got a real knack for being horrible at it. He almost never picks the right person to win a Slam.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Possibly, the worst tennis analyst when it comes to predicting Slam winners. He's got a real knack for being horrible at it. He almost never picks the right person to win a Slam.
He predicted Feds to take the RG 2007 title, if I'm not mistaken... :lol:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No worries. :angel: Fed will be rusty, start slow, lose a couple of sets here and there. This ANALyst will change his mind by the end of the 1st week.
My thoughts exactly. ANALyst, :lol:.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No worries. :angel: Fed will be rusty, start slow, lose a couple of sets here and there. This ANALyst will change his mind by the end of the 1st week.
:worship:

If he does, it surely won't be a first.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
these tennis writes have to be controversial. i mean, its no good them just saying federer is going to win everything, otherwise people wouldn't bother reading what they have to say

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Collins always makes a pre-final prediction, so it's very likely that he'll change his mind, just like he did at the US Open.

Honestly, if Federer manages to break the Bud Collins curse, then it will arguably be his greatest achievement. Noone will be able to deny that he is the GOAT, if that happens.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts