Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are playing another exibition match, this time in New York City on Monday night.

Who wins?

·
Banned
18,599 Posts
its live on tennis channel.
looking forward to seeing it.

interested to see if roger still looks like shit

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Who cares theyve played enough times already. If this is all Fed cares about these days he should just retire.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Who cares theyve played enough times already. If this is all Fed cares about these days he should just retire.

exactly. this is nothing but money making proposition. fast cash proposition, that is.

Fed gets about $3-$4 mill from these exos and and Sampy about 1/2 that amount. and these fuckers dont even need the money. it just greed.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Federer-Sampras match to be offered by USTA
USTA.Com To offer FREE live streaming OF FEDERER vs. Sampras

Netjets showdown ON March 10 AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

Live Coverage of Sold-Out Match Made Available to Worldwide Audien

The USTA today announced that it will provide free live streaming video of the NetJets Showdown between Roger Federer and Pete Sampras on USTA.com. The sold-out event will take place at New York’s Madison Square Garden on Monday, March 10 and the live streaming will begin at 8:00 p.m. ET.

USTA.com, in partnership with TVUNetworks -- an online company that works to make news and sports from around the world accessible through a broadband internet connection -- will stream the Tennis Channel feed from Madison Square Garden live. Fans worldwide will have access to the streaming video on USTA.com free of charge. John McEnroe and Ted Robinson will be the lead announcers, with Justin Gimelstob conducting courtside interviews.

Following the live webcast, the full match will remain available on-demand on USTA.com for seven days. In addition, USTA.com will produce a highlights package to allow fans to view the key points of the match.

Federer and Sampras, considered the two best men’s tennis players of all-time, will face-off in front of 19,000 plus fans on March 10. While actively playing on the men’s professional tour, their paths crossed only once, at Wimbledon in 2001. This will represent Federer’s debut at Madison Square Garden and will only be the second time Sampras has played in The World’s Most Famous Arena.

The NetJets Showdown is a StarGames production in association with eight-time Grand Slam champion Ivan Lendl and Madison Square Garden. The USTA is a promotional partner of the event. The match will air live nationally on Tennis Channel and in the New York metro area on MSG Plus (formerly FOX Sports Net New York). The video will also be streamed live on TVUNetworks.com and MSG.com.

www.tennisnews.com

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I will be there in person, so Roger better win. I won't be screaming for naught on Monday night!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
We'll never know who really wins...because mono already won.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
756 Posts
I will be there in person, so Roger better win. I won't be screaming for naught on Monday night!
I'll be there , too.
where are your seats? Mine are Court13 row k seat 1

I am meeting some other fans before the match , if you would like to join us.
GO ROGER

Federer-Sampras Auction Items to Benefit Charity By Tennis Week

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A donation and percentage of merchandise sales from the upcoming sold out NetJets Showdown, the much anticipated tennis match between Roger Federer and Pete Sampras, will benefit the Dream Vaccines Foundation and its Promising Malaria Vaccine Program, it was announced today. The NetJets Showdown presented in association with The Marquis Jet Card and Men’s Vogue magazine is scheduled for Monday, March 10 at Madison Square Garden.

The NetJets Showdown is a StarGames production in association with eight-time Grand Slam Champion Ivan Lendl and Madison Square Garden. The match will air live nationally on the Tennis Channel and locally on MSG Plus beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET. Additionally, the match will be broadcast internationally in Canada, Brazil, Russia, France, and Australia.

Dream Vaccines Foundation is a not-for-profit; American based public foundation that aspires to be the avenue through which vaccines can be tested and delivered to underserved and poor populations (www.dreamvaccinesfoundation.org).

Dream Vaccines Foundation was established by Mymetics Corporation, a publicly listed biotech company devoted to the development of vaccines against HIV/AIDS and, more recently, malaria. Dream Vaccines Foundation strives to make a positive impact in the fight against the AIDS and malaria pandemics by reducing the number of new infections of these diseases among people.

The Foundation aims to accomplish this by being a transparent avenue for the testing, development, and eventual distribution of vaccines against strains and clades of AIDS and malaria vaccines considered to be “unprofitable” and currently unavailable to the underprivileged in poor populations.

Pre-match entertainment and opening festivities will begin at 6 p.m. with the match slated to begin at 8:3 p.m. Eastern time. The event will be broadcast nationally on the Tennis Channel and locally on MSG Plus with worldwide television and broadband distribution on the www.tvunetworks.com.

Event goers will have the opportunity to participate in a silent auction held on location at two MSG sites, with autographed tennis memorabilia among the items being auctioned.

"We believe that access to vaccines is a basic human right that belongs to all, irrespective of location or market limitations," says Christian J. F. Rochet, director and fundraising chairman of Dream Vaccines Foundation, and CEO and president of Mymetics Corporation. "We are delighted to be joined by luminaries from the worlds of sport, entertainment, business and science, to bring attention to worldwide malaria prevention and Dream Vaccines Foundation’s initiative for a vaccine that can help eradicate this terrible disease."

The Foundation is keenly aware of the significant impact new vaccines may have on improving public health and generating economic benefits for underserved and poor populations; especially in third world countries that have been devastated by HIV/AIDS and malaria. The Foundation assumes an ethical responsibility to those suffering from these diseases regardless of strain, location, market limitations or ability to pay.

It is the Foundation’s vision to make vaccines available to all populations threatened by these life-threatening diseases in a world where approximately:

33.2 million people live with HIV
2.5 million people become newly infected with HIV each year
2.1 million lose their lives to AIDS each year
Three hundred million to five hundred million people suffer from malaria, resulting in an estimated one to 2.7 million deaths each year
For more information about the Foundation, please visit www.dreamvaccinesfoundation.org.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I'll be there , too.
where are your seats? Mine are Court13 row k seat 1

I am meeting some other fans before the match , if you would like to join us.
GO ROGER
I wish I could be as lucky as you, but my seats are in the 300's :eek:
I'm happy to be at MSG to soak up the atmosphere. Let me know where you will be meeting, I'm heading straight after work.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Federer-Sampras Auction Items to Benefit Charity By Tennis Week

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A donation and percentage of merchandise sales from the upcoming sold out NetJets Showdown, the much anticipated tennis match between Roger Federer and Pete Sampras, will benefit the Dream Vaccines Foundation and its Promising Malaria Vaccine Program, it was announced today.[/COLOR]
Perhaps the Dream Vaccines Foundation could allocate some funds for the development of an Epstein-Barr virus vaccine.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Fed gets about $3-$4 mill from these exos and and Sampy about 1/2 that amount. and these fuckers dont even need the money. it just greed.
Yeah actually I simply don't understand. It IS a lot of money but can it be that they REALLY do it just for money? They drown in money already.

I don't think I can accept it, honestly...

·
Registered
756 Posts
I wish I could be as lucky as you, but my seats are in the 300's :eek:
I'm happy to be at MSG to soak up the atmosphere. Let me know where you will be meeting, I'm heading straight after work.
As of now, we are meeting on the steps of the post office on 8th Ave. around 4-4:30pm. I will pm you & let you know if anything changes.
Looking forward to meeting you :wavey:

GO ROGER!!!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
As of now, we are meeting on the steps of the post office on 8th Ave. around 4-4:30pm. I will pm you & let you know if anything changes.
Looking forward to meeting you :wavey:

GO ROGER!!!
Thanks for the info. I doubt I can get out of work that early, but send me pm and I can try to work something out. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts