Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Of course 6-4 6-2 Fed>Rod. A very original score . . .:D :D
AW excuse me. I mean the score in Shanghai´s final.
The overall H2H will be 15-1. No more matches after.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm gonna go 22-3...Roddick has to win a couple before it's over with. One day he'll catch Fed in a funk and he'll get that elusive second win...I mean, even Henman got a win over Sampras before all was said and done, and Federer to Roddick is the mirror of Sampras to Henman...the better player is at least a little bit better in every department, but Henman still squeaked an insignificant one out...Roddick will get that win one day...i'm sure of it!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Roddick will surely get a second win over Roger one day... when they're in their forties, playing the senior's tour. :angel:

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
I dont see how Henmans 1-6 against Sampras makes him a classic turkey like Gilbert to Lendl or Roddick to Federer. Federer will be around for another 5 years and so will Roddick, Roddick may fall outside top 10 and Federer might not be nr1, I still see them facing each other an avarage of 3 times a year and Federer owning Roddick in every match. I dont say it is impossible for Roddick to win a match, but it is far from impossible that Federer doesnt win another 10 straight matches.

25-1 sounds like a fun number, I remember Roddick saying he didnt care if his h2h would be 1-30 against Federer he would still hope to win the 32th match. Then he was 1-8 down or something, he was kind of playing with an unrealistic scenario, which may not be as unrealistic as it sounded to him back then.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I dont see how Henmans 1-6 against Sampras makes him a classic turkey like Gilbert to Lendl or Roddick to Federer.
Because Fed stopped Roddick in so many big matches, just like Sampras did to Henman. At least a couple of Wimbledon semis would have probably gone different for Tim w/out Pete there. Difference is, Roddick is a better player, so he gets to the match w/Fed more than Henman did in his and Sampras' time. But, I'm sure Henman would've won Wimbledon once or maybe twice w/out Pete in the way, just like Andy would have.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Is it possible, Roddick - Roger rematch in the Final

1 - 7 of 7 Posts