Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
up one set and a break.

looks like he's starting to get his form back...

of course, you wouldn't expect any trouble for him from ollie anyways...

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Go Roger :rocker:

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Ollie is so cute, no woner Fed said so. He has to be the most adorable little fluffy doll. Fed and Ollie used to play doubles, never saw them but that must have been an interesting duo.

The handshake was so cute

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
This was a nice win for Roger because of some of the difficult shots he made and the variety. I agree Ollie is a cute fluffy doll. Roger is pretty cute himself. :worship:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Ollie is so cute, no woner Fed said so. He has to be the most adorable little fluffy doll. Fed and Ollie used to play doubles, never saw tehm but that must have been an interesting duo.
Ditto. I didn't watch the match :eek:, but I guess he played better. 2 DFs, but 14 aces! I wonder how many unreturned serves he had in his favor? Sounds like a close score for such a dominant serve, was Olli playing really well? Roger's returning points won percentage is really small.

Well, glad it was in straights and it was more comfortable. Good luck next round, Roger! And get better by each one! :D

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
lucashg said:
Ditto. I didn't watch the match :eek:, but I guess he played better. 2 DFs, but 14 aces! I wonder how many unreturned serves he had in his favor? Sounds like a close score for such a dominant serve, was Olli playing really well? Roger's returning points won percentage is really small.

Well, glad it was in straights and it was more comfortable. Good luck next round, Roger! And get better by each one! :D
I guess I should have said more than Ollies cuteness factor. Ollie played well, he has nice variety but not enough power to really force errors from Fed. Fed was having a hard time returning serve initially but after a few games he picked it up. Like PamV said Roger made some great shots today and Ollie too, he has beautiful hands.

Fed was really dominating the match, his FH was letting him down initially but he picked it up. His biggest improvemnt was the serve, against Kiwi he was averaging 112-115MPH on 1st serve today he was averaging 120-122MPH and was placing it very well. Ollie doesn't have great reach, which makes me even more curious to watch the match between him and Karlovic

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Ollie played really well in this. He was cracking the FH and BH, taking the ball early but had no chance against Fed's serve.
Agreed, NYC. Like I said in the OOP thread, both men served very well (70% for both in the first). There were plenty of nice rallies and Olivier had good depth and variety on his shots. Roger threw in a few s/v and even some chip-n-charge (Roche must be rubbing off on him. That, or playing doubles the night before ;) ).

Good quality match between these two friends but the win was never in doubt for Federer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The stats were good for Federer 31 winners/ 18 UE's
and 8 winners / 9 UE's for Rochus
but the commentator said that there were more forced errors that didn't enter the stats.

The one game that I saw Federer served 3 aces and one unreturnable serve.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Seems to me the top seeds made a deal, they all played 3 sets yesterday and today they had good solid 2 sets wins :scratch:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Well done Roger :worship: :kiss:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
exihibtion in serving from roger, 14 aces, great varity and high 1st percentage. ollie played well, but his game really cant hurt roger. roger definately looked much better in this match than his previous ones

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
PamV said:
This was a nice win for Roger because of some of the difficult shots he made and the variety. I agree Ollie is a cute fluffy doll. Roger is pretty cute himself. :worship:
pamv how cums your flag has changed to swiss?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Gogo123 said:
The stats were good for Federer 31 winners/ 18 UE's
and 8 winners / 9 UE's for Rochus
but the commentator said that there were more forced errors that didn't enter the stats.

The one game that I saw Federer served 3 aces and one unreturnable serve.
Oh, nice stats! Should've watched the match, definitely. :eek: I missed their meeting in Miami, and now this. Thanks for posting the stats.

oneandonlysh, I agree with you that Oli has great hands, he really can do so much and can construct some beautiful points. Once he reads the serve well, I think he's able to return it well enough to a "neutral zone", so I guess Karlovic's serve isn't the hardest to read for him and he must've reached for quite enough of them to get a chance to rally with the giant, where he has a better chance to win the point. There's also a matter of serving first serves consistently, don't know about their match's stats so...

Nice to hear that Roger played some good points and they were in for some good rallies! :D

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Seems to me the top seeds made a deal, they all played 3 sets yesterday and today they had good solid 2 sets wins :scratch:
I noticed that too. I hope they all have agreed to play great tennis from now on. I hope we get to see AO semis rematches, with a different outcome, of course :angel:

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
alexito36 said:
whos is rochus? always easy draw for federer, buuuuuuuuuuuuu
:zzz:

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
:crying2: Ollie! :crying2:

That big ole meanie Fed beating up on sweet cute little Ollie. :fiery: :fiery:

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Roger's tennis was almost back to top level. there were some misfired forehands but the backhand and volleys really clicked! Go Roger

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Good job Rog! :worship: The return game isn't quite 100% but the serving was wonderful tonight. You could tell after the match how pleased he was - I even saw some smiles from him which had been missing the past fortnight. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts