Mens Tennis Forums banner

Was this the highest standard match of 2015?

• Yes

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Top 3 but not the best

Votes: 25 39.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The numbers speak for them self, do you agree this was the highest standard of tennis for a full match all year?

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
not enough drama

Wawrinka v Djokovic RG
Clayray v Kholi Munich F

I am sure there are more that were better simply because they were much more competitive and a good level.

Reactions: RuRo

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Said before, the Wimbledon UE counts are absurd, Fed supposedly had 3 UEs in set 1 when by any reasonable account he made 3 very distinct groundstroke UEs in a single return game that set. That some of those were marked as forced makes the statistic completely laughable.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Said before, the Wimbledon UE counts are absurd, Fed supposedly had 3 UEs in set 1 when by any reasonable account he made 3 very distinct groundstroke UEs in a single return game that set. That some of those were marked as forced makes the statistic completely laughable.
Definitely. I remarked early on that Murray was winning all his points because Federer was making errors. He made way more than 3 at the start of the first set.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Great quality, extraordinarily high standard of tennis and one of the best but lacked drama. I have to go with the French Open final between Stan vs Djokovic. Another extraordinarily high standard of tennis and some serious drama. An epic final where the underdog pulls the upset...That was an incredible tennis match.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
1. Fed - Djokovic Dubai
2. Fed - Djokovic Wimbledon
3. Fed - Murray Wimbledon

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It's in the top 3 I'd say.

Djokovic - Wawrinka F RG
Djokovic - Nadal QF RG
Federer - Murray SF W

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
1. Fed - Djokovic Dubai
2. Fed - Djokovic Wimbledon
3. Fed - Murray Wimbledon
You already know that Fed - Nole will be the second best match? :worship:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I say Stan-Novak RG for the best so far, but this one is #2 in my books.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
In terms of pure statistics, probably in the top 3.

Had Murray somehow raised his game and grabbed a set or two then it probably would have been one of the matches of the last 3-4 years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts