Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
roger currently leads 1 set to love. but was won on a tie break.

looks like he's still trying to shake off the rust...

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Roger is very rusty, making some bad errors. He is down a break in the 2nd

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Mistaflava said:
off-topic....your beloved Kaysar is GONZO!
:ras: Thanks for rubbing it in.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Ironic that Federer blows a chance to serve for the match at 4-4, then comes back from 0-40 on Blake's serve to break him at 5-5. Mind you, he still needed all three matchpoints to close it out. I don't care how dominant a player he is, when he's struggling through deuce games on his serve filled with breakpoints he's giving me coronaries. Much worse following a scoreboard than seeing it live of course, every point your player loses you attribute to a terrible error when it's not always the case.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Sjengster said:
Ironic that Federer blows a chance to serve for the match at 4-4, then comes back from 0-40 on Blake's serve to break him at 5-5. Mind you, he still needed all three matchpoints to close it out. I don't care how dominant a player he is, when he's struggling through deuce games on his serve filled with breakpoints he's giving me coronaries. Much worse following a scoreboard than seeing it live of course, every point your player loses you attribute to a terrible error when it's not always the case.

Well it seems like he "kicked it up a notch" in the last game blake served for. I was watching the score via the boards during that game and I saw 40-love and thought, oh boy, looks like this is going to a third set. Well congrats roger. I guess he was a bit rusty after being away for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Sjengster said:
:yeah:

I didn't see the whole match, just most of the second set and he seemed so rusty, and a little bit tired. I guess that's all lack of matchplay. Six weeks is a long time off in the middle of the year. He was missing some shots he normally does with closed eyes, but still was good enough to win in straights.

I think his serve should've been more efficient, and he definitely should've used more slice - some bad mishits on that backhand in your everyday rally. At least the bits I saw he seemed to come to the net a lot more often than he usually does on hard, and that's good.

I hope he gets better as the tournament goes on. Hey, at least he won a match in Cincy, that's a good start.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Roger should be glad he doesn't have to come home with me tonight. I would not be as kind as Mirka will be. He'd be sleeping on the couch or the floor. :devil:

I can't believe the Star Sports commentators said it was good tennis from both players. What are they smoking? :retard: Fed looked like shit, and Blake got tight and choked towards the end. I mean he choked away a 40-0 service game at 5 all. :retard: It really showed that Roger hadn't played a match in 6 weeks. Hopefully he'll step it up in R2. But a high quality match? I don't think so.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Sjengster said:
I was watching the match, he didnt blow it Blake played really well :hatoff: , and served huge when he was down. Fed on the other hand was missing some easy shots and volleys on his own service game :eek: and getting a lot of pressure from Blake.
He was clearly rusty and looked relieved to be through, hopefully playing doubles will help get his rythm.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
lucashg said:
:yeah:

I didn't see the whole match, just most of the second set and he seemed so rusty, and a little bit tired. I guess that's all lack of matchplay. Six weeks is a long time off in the middle of the year. He was missing some shots he normally does with closed eyes, but still was good enough to win in straights.

I think his serve should've been more efficient, and he definitely should've used more slice - some bad mishits on that backhand in your everyday rally. At least the bits I saw he seemed to come to the net a lot more often than he usually does on hard, and that's good.

I hope he gets better as the tournament goes on. Hey, at least he won a match in Cincy, that's a good start.
In the first set he was rallying from the back. He saw that he was sucking, so he decided to come forward a lot more and pressure blake. Federer's return of serve was the difference in the match. He was able to hit some great returns and put pressure when he was a break down in the second.

Blake hit some great shots, but, its the same story of being too inconsistent and not playing the big points well.

I thought fed looked real bad out there. He was playing it like a practice match. He was in 2nd gear.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
World Beater said:
I thought fed looked real bad out there. He was playing it like a practice match. He was in 2nd gear.
His lack of match play really showed. He missed some easy shots and was dumping stuff into the net. And I never felt comfortable when he was serving. Hopefully he got the jitters out of his system and will do better next round.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Does anyone notice how alexito almost never responds to posters, but will respond only to the thread title?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts