Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Roger_Federer/60314/roger-federer-reveals-his-next-tournaments-is-set-to-skip-a-masters-1000/

He'll play LC, Shanghai, Basel, and London (doesn't mention London, but has already qualified or will qualify, so...)!!

So no more talk about him missing Shanghai, it's Paris he won't play once again in 2018, no way he skips Shanghai...

Why would Rogie skip Shanghai (1,000 points from 2017), Basel (500 points from 2017), and London (600 points from 2017)? That's 2,1000 points right there he's defending, plus, he could earn 900 more points in London potentially (if he wins all 3 RRs again, wins the SF for 400 more points and wins the F for 500 more points)...

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Of course he will play. The tournament is sponsored by Rolex after all. It’s not like it’s sponspered by BNP Paribas or something. Man has got to make money.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Was there even a question about him skipping it? he is the defending champ.

·
|
14,306 Posts
Djokovic is playing too defensively to win the remaining events, cannot rely on folks choking in the non-slam events.
Federer is the most likely winner of each event, and this is coming from a staunch Nadal fan.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Pretty obvious he wouldnt skip Shanghai now that hes sponsored by Uniqlo. Shanghai seems a much more prestigious event than Paris. Anyway...i think Paris is a good opportunity to for a top player to put points on the board and if they win paris...they should look at skipping miami...or indian wells. Why do the top players always have to make comebacks at the same time...if every top player rests during paris or toronto for instance...but all of them play both sunshine double events there will be a lot of dissapoints.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Biggest shocker since taking a set off peak Millman IMO.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know it seems obvious Rogie will play in Shanghai, I posted this with link to prove he definitely will play in Shanghai, because some on here were saying they'd read he wasn't playing in Shanghai, I just wanted to prove that yes, he is!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts