Mens Tennis Forums banner

Federer to play If Stockholm Open

3K views 57 replies 38 participants last post by  Xoil 
#1 ·
I've heard rumors Fed gonna play Stockholm Open which means he'll play 4 weeks in a row then, which is a bit tough.. seems he wants to protect his No.1 Ranking badly which is great for us, his fans.

#3 ·
It looks very weird.

Maybe Federer is finding a good excuse to not play Basel, so that he can be fit for both Masters events. He'll play Stockholm and Madrid, then bow out of Basel due to exhaustion and then play Paris. I don't see him playing 4 events in a row.

#6 ·
I also heard it already...it´s everywhere in the Swedish media ;)

Here is a link for all those who understand Swedish:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article1830984.ab

The tournament says this is the biggest achievement since Björn Borg, John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors played there.

Other names in Stockholm Open:

David Nalbandian
Jonas Björkman
Thomas Johansson
Robin Söderling

Reactions: Aphex
#11 ·
mmm...i don't think he'll play Stockholm...

#14 · (Edited)
Knowing his usual schedule it's surprising, I don't think that he'll miss Basel and he can't avoid Madrid. Could he fear the lost of the no1 spot at the end of the year?

#15 ·
#16 ·
Månu;6569076 said:
Knowing his usual schedule it's surprising, I don't think that he'll miss Basel and he can't avoid Madrid. Can he fear the lost of the no1 spot at the end of the year?
If he thinks he's safe "up there" (with Nadal owning him on clay and Djokovic coming up fast on hardcourts), he's just plain stoopid (or too submerged in a fairytale to use what's left of his brain).

#29 ·
Good for Stockholm, this might be the last year they will get a great field (in 2009 they are 'demoted' to the 250 category).
Eden posted in Fed's forum that it's the 40th anniversary of the Stockholm tournament this year. That might also be a factor why Federer apparently has signed up over there.

#52 ·
$500 000 plus "bonus money" if he gets past the semis is what I heard. And of course the price money. :p

Finally a world class player to Stockholm again. No offense Blake... :cool:
Last time a "superstar" played in SO was in 2004 when Agassi lost in the final against ToJo.

Nice tourney though. The best thing about it is that it takes place in my hometown.

#32 ·
What a bunching of f'en retards in this thread (the typical types) .. moaning about him playing here, points, money, 4 tourns in a row :retard:

its about time he played a few new events on his schedule

Farenhajt said:
If he thinks he's safe "up there" (with Nadal owning him on clay and Djokovic coming up fast on hardcourts), he's just plain stoopid (or too submerged in a fairytale to use what's left of his brain).
Here idiot goes again, cant come in Fed threads without mentioning Nole, just piss off and go lick his arse somehwere else brainless fud :retard: btw, i wouldnt go talking about someone else's tennis brain when it comes to you

Reactions: Nathaliia
#33 ·
What a bunching of f'en retards in this thread (the typical types) .. moaning about him playing here, points, money, 4 tourns in a row :retard:

its about time he played a few new events on his schedule

Here idiot goes again, cant come in Fed threads without mentioning Nole, just piss off and go lick his arse somehwere else brainless fud :retard: btw, i wouldnt go talking about someone else's tennis brain when it comes to you
Mmm, already doing kegels even before Saturday? Cortisol levels high? Ate up all your fingernails fretting over a new embarrassment for Haggis Tennis? :haha: You're obviously very stressed, Dikey Mikey, and I could recommend a nice therapist - after all, you're still a buddy of mine :wavey:

#34 ·
:lol: Dikey Mikey, you did well to come up with that one, clown

.. Just get your excuses ready for the next McNoleo defeat

the mafia poisoned him in Moscow last week was a fave of mine

infact, that Davydenko-Nole thread last Sunday was one of my all time top3 fave threads of MTF all time history, it's a sign of whats to come in future :D

#35 ·
I don't really understand Federer's thinking this year. The calendar is stupidly congested because of the Olympics and the pointless shortening of the clay season, and now he choses to add optionals at his busiest times? Estoril in the clay season (if he plays Halle he'll be practically non stop from April - July) and Stockholm during the indoor season. I suppose he knows what he's doing.

#36 ·
He should have plenty of energy

he played a pansy schedule in 2007 and from TMC final in November he'll have only played 1 tournie up until Dubai in March

November - 1 tournament - March

its about time he played some tennis.

and he'll WD Madrid if anything, MM event that it is.

#37 ·
He should have plenty of energy

he played a pansy schedule in 2007 and from TMC final in November he'll have only played 1 tournie up until Dubai in March

November - 1 tournament - March

its about time he played some tennis.
I don't disagree that he should add a few optionals, I just wonder if he's choosing the right ones. Maybe he should have played Rotterdam or Marseille instead of Stockholm. I find the inclusion of Estoril particularly baffling.

and he'll WD Madrid if anything, MM event that it is.
:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.