Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard rumors Fed gonna play Stockholm Open which means he'll play 4 weeks in a row then, which is a bit tough.. seems he wants to protect his No.1 Ranking badly which is great for us, his fans.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
It looks very weird.

Maybe Federer is finding a good excuse to not play Basel, so that he can be fit for both Masters events. He'll play Stockholm and Madrid, then bow out of Basel due to exhaustion and then play Paris. I don't see him playing 4 events in a row.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
So he'll play Stockholm instead of Basel ?!?!

another smart move Rog :yeah: :retard: :retard:

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
I also heard it already...it´s everywhere in the Swedish media ;)

Here is a link for all those who understand Swedish:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article1830984.ab

The tournament says this is the biggest achievement since Björn Borg, John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors played there.

Other names in Stockholm Open:

David Nalbandian
Jonas Björkman
Thomas Johansson
Robin Söderling

Reactions: Aphex

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Perhaps he just wants to get a more intimate knowledge of Swedish fangirl base ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
mmm...i don't think he'll play Stockholm...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Knowing his usual schedule it's surprising, I don't think that he'll miss Basel and he can't avoid Madrid. Could he fear the lost of the no1 spot at the end of the year?

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Månu;6569076 said:
Knowing his usual schedule it's surprising, I don't think that he'll miss Basel and he can't avoid Madrid. Can he fear the lost of the no1 spot at the end of the year?
If he thinks he's safe "up there" (with Nadal owning him on clay and Djokovic coming up fast on hardcourts), he's just plain stoopid (or too submerged in a fairytale to use what's left of his brain).

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
If he thinks he's safe "up there" (with Nadal owning him on clay and Djokovic coming up fast on hardcourts), he's just plain stoopid (or too submerged in a fairytale to use what's left of his brain).
Why would he care so much about staying #1? :confused: He already broke the record of consecutive weeks, and the only thing he must concentrate on is to grab 3 more slams within the 5 next years... :shrug: :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts