Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will benefit more from the clay practice sessions?

• They both will benefit.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Thiem will learn more from one of the greatest.

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Roger will benefit more from training with a rising star

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • It doesn't really matter, who cares, etc.

Votes: 23 37.1%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So what is the plan? Is this a win-win strategy that will help both players for the clay season, or does it have no real significance?

Is Federer doing his part as a veteran to train the youngsters for a specific purpose, to share some of his experience, looking to see what they have in their arsenal, or is he just a nice guy?

Last year he trained with Kyrgios prior to RG/Wimbledon and Kokkinakis prior to AO.

What about it, will he help Thiem improve his slice? Will Thiem return from way back like Nadal? ;) :cool:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
it'd be ironic if Roger somehow loses to Thiem at French Open ... other than that, it's Roger been the great ambassador he is and trying to help a young gun instead of buying another $500k watch and practicing with that.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Well the game needs younger players as soon as possible. Thiem looks a nice boy who is motivated to improve. He has a beautiful BH and i do not see any reason why Fed can not help him.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Federer vs Thiem is the most exciting matchup in chess.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
:inlove:

I wasn't happy that Dom skips Casablanca, but this are good news :drool:

Hope Domi can do some damage at the Clay Season :worship:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
it'd be ironic if Roger somehow loses to Thiem at French Open ... other than that, it's Roger been the great ambassador he is and trying to help a young gun instead of buying another $500k watch and practicing with that.
Come on man, Roger also has his fair share of idiotic, money-hungry crap moves like playing multi-million dollar exos in South America or promoting champagne in Beverly Hills instead of spending time with his fifteen or so children.

Ontopic: Domi is not only a great clay court player with tons of potential, he's also a super nice and well-liked guy whose mother language is the same as Roger's. Not a bit surprised that Roger wants to have him around.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Come on man, Roger also has his fair share of idiotic, money-hungry crap moves like playing multi-million dollar exos in South America or promoting champagne in Beverly Hills instead of spending time with his fifteen or so children.

Ontopic: Domi is not only a great clay court player with tons of potential, he's also a super nice and well-liked guy whose mother language is the same as Roger's. Not a bit surprised that Roger wants to have him around.
I wouldn't be surprised if Thiem does well at FO in the next few years. Who knows. I like Thiem. The next few generations are average to be honest.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Irrelevant.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Players raise is level playing with the best players, Domi benifts in the last years of training with Ernest to raise is level quickly, i believe he will improve much more training a week whit Fed than playing 4 ou 5 match in a 250 atp.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
What's the point?

Thiem, or Muller, or Lopez, or anyone else but a left handed clay courter, or a flexible defense machine is useless.

Roger is doing business now, not exactly preparing for tennis. Thiem next on contract with him and Godsick, mark my words (if he isn't already there, dunno).

Next up - Careno Busta to prepare for grass.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Djoko and Dull fans in ruins. Federer training the next GoAT. :D

Reactions: ViennaCalling

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the game needs younger players as soon as possible. Thiem looks a nice boy who is motivated to improve. He has a beautiful BH and i do not see any reason why Fed can not help him.
Stop press
Hey hey Johnny, I'm still wishing/hoping you get to hit with Rafa before he's done playing... wouldn't that be cool. :cool:
If it happens, make sure you get it on video.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
What's the point?

Thiem, or Muller, or Lopez, or anyone else but a left handed clay courter, or a flexible defense machine is useless.

Roger is doing business now, not exactly preparing for tennis. Thiem next on contract with him and Godsick, mark my words (if he isn't already there, dunno).

Next up - Careno Busta to prepare for grass.
I don't necessarily agree, Thiem has a lot of topspin on his forehand may be beneficial for Roger to practice with that when the clay season is coming up.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts